HELP GET ME STARTED

Started by Meat Fest, April 10, 2007, 09:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meat Fest

Hello new smoking friends,
I just purchased a new smoker and looking for smoke help in getting started with my first smoke.  I was thinking ribs and was looking for a easy but great recipe.  Along with the smoker I also bought a box of apple and a box of Hickory chips. 

Any help would be great.  Things like how much time smoking how many pucks etc.
Thanks

hillbillysmoker

Olds' "Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts" were my starter for my first experience.  Simple, easy, delicious.  You can also stick in a few fatties (unwrapped tubes of sausage) and let them ride along.  I used maple smoke with this first experience and everything was awesome.  The xyl gave her permission to smoke any time I wanted after trying the food and it has been nonstop ever since.  Good luck with whatever you attempt, enjoy your Bradley smoker, and if you have a chance post a few pictures or least tell us how things went. Here is a link to the Chicken Rolls:

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43

Bill
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Meat Fest

Thanks Bill for the quick reply.

NePaSmoKer

Welcome to the forum Meat Fest.

Like hillbilly i would start with something easy, chicken breast, meat loaf things like that. Do a season of your BS 1st if you have not already done it.

Experiment and have fun. Lots of great advice here and friendly folks  ;D

nepas

Meat Fest

Thanks Bill for the quick reply,  the recipe looks easy just a little nervous on the wrapping part but I will give it a go and let you know how I made out.  Thanks again.

LilSmoker

Hi and welcome here Meat Fest! , congrats on your new BS,  you could do some chickens as a first smoke?, brine them and they'll be delicious. If you feel a bit more adventurous you could do ribs, BS ribs are awesome!, but takes a little practice to get great ribs. The options are endless, anyway please let us know how you get on  ;)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Tiny Tim

Just jump right in and smoke whatever you like....unless you forget it and have the heat jacked way up, you aren't gonna ruin anything.  Unless you use smoke for the entire time, then your food may taste ashy...my only advice is to use a lesser amount of smoke the first time, and adjust according to your taste and what kind of food you're smoking.

Welcome to the board.

boxertrio

QuoteAny help would be great.  Things like how much time smoking how many pucks etc.

Each puck is worth 20 minutes of smoke....most smoke for the first 4 hrs and the just heat the rest of the cook..more than 4 hours is usually a waste of pucks.

Good luck, have fun
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

Mr Walleye

Meat Fest

Here is a link to a post by Iceman about ribs. It's got lots of good info for ya about ribs. Just scroll down to the last post on the page I believe.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=5010.0

Keep us posted how you make out.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

IKnowWood

and don't forget, have fun. 

...and don't over cook it...
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Wildcat

Welcome Meat Fest!  If you do ribs first, I recommend you use the apple.  Another easy and wonderful smoke is Leg Of Lamb.  Be patient and let the BS do the work.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

PigOut

Wecome Meat Fest !!

Plug it in , stoke it up , have fun ;)

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

Consiglieri

Welcome Meat Festivus.

Like it's said above, check out Ice's post.   And click on the smoker for time tested recipes...

good luck with the magic Bradley experience.
Consiglieri

West Coast Kansan

Welcome Meat Fest!  :) Much fun ahead  ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

coyote

Welcome Meatfest, you're gonna love it here :)
                                                    Coyote