Go Alaskan King Fishing TODAY!

Started by Kummok, April 14, 2007, 10:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

That is a great looking spring!! Nice table too.....I'd keep the in-law, but toss those nasty ol' salmon .....throw them waaaaaay north and I'll see that they get "disposed of" properly, T2!!   ;) ;D

Not doing that well on Kings this year, but just took a quick trip (11 hours one way) to Chitina last week and managed to bring back about 120 Copper River Reds (and two Kings) w/ three friends.....my take was 126 pounds after processing.....guess what my Bradleys will be doing for a while?!?!?!

tsquared

Quotemy take was 126 pounds after processing.....guess what my Bradleys will be doing for a while?!?!?!
Oh my my--smoked sockeye--my fav! As for sending those kings north--I don't think so! :D It sounds like your smoker will be full and I wouldn't want to be responsible for overloading it. Were you guys fishing a river for those reds or on the salt?
T2

Kummok

"Fishing" might be a stretch, T2......using nets this time....BIG nets! Freshwater, in the Copper River. Take a look at: http://www.adn.com/outdoors/fishing/story/9076716p-8992702c.html  for more info on this particular "subsistence" fishery. Not much of a sport, but the reward of LOTS of meat takes the edge off that concern!!  ;) :D

tsquared

Quite an article--Alaska must be quite the place. I'll have to get up there one of these years.
T2

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Kummok on June 24, 2007, 10:47:21 PM
"Fishing" might be a stretch, T2......using nets this time....BIG nets! Freshwater, in the Copper River. Take a look at: http://www.adn.com/outdoors/fishing/story/9076716p-8992702c.html  for more info on this particular "subsistence" fishery. Not much of a sport, but the reward of LOTS of meat takes the edge off that concern!!  ;) :D

I was at a restaurant last Friday, and they had Copper River salmon on the menu. I've seen many of your post on Copper River salmon, so I thought I would give it a try. Man, I'm glad that I did. It has a great taste.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)