Ribs

Started by Infalable, April 14, 2007, 10:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infalable

I received some of Icemans sauce yesterday. Yum. I believe local law dictates that ribs must be smoked immediately upon receipt. After ribs are cooked I will FTC with a bit of apple juice. I want to grill a bit when applying sauce. Do I grill after the FTC or before? Thanks.

Gizmo

After unless you plan to take the ribs to falling off the bone tender with which they will not stand up to moving on and off the grill.
I think the Law also states that it is permissible to eat/drink Iceman's sauce straight out of the jar. :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Infalable

I tried some immediately. Yum. I have three racks going today - with rubs from Iceman, Swamp Venom, and from Rudy's in Texas. Smokin' tomorrow.

Wildcat

I like to FTC my ribs with apple juice then apply Iceman's sauce and onto a charcoal grill.  Smoke, sauce, and charcoal flavors all together makes a mighty fine meal IMHO. :) ;)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Infalable

Does anyone ever boat ribs?

LilSmoker

Hi Infalable, some people do boat ribs, just like lots of other recipes, there are many methods and techniques for getting the required result when smoking/cooking ribs.

Some smoke in the BS for 4 hours, then dowse with apple juice, foil and place in a regular oven for 2 hours +.
Some smoke/cook for around 6 hours in the BS, spraying with apple juice and rotating racks every 2 hours etc.
Some like to smoke/cook in the BS for around 5-6 hours, then sauce and finish on the grill etc.

So many variations and experimenting, just the other week, i did some ribs for 6 hours in the bradley, they were cooked and ready to eat, but we weren't quite ready, so i put them in the crock pot with some bbq sauce for an hour, and they were awesome! so tender and moist, so i've added this method to my list  ;D

I'm at the stage now where i'm happy with my BS ribs, although there's always room for improvement, they seem to get better every time ;)

If you do boat, i would say don't go too high on the temp, because there isn't much thick meat on ribs, and you'll start to boil out the flavour and goodness ;)

Hope this helps...........LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Infalable

What a day. Started smoking about 9ish. An hour later the elctric lines fried and we were out of power for three hours. I put the ribs on my gas Weber. Ran outa gas. I figured this was a bust by now. Got the Juice back on about 1:15. I FTCd about an hour then put sauce on ribs and backed at 500 for 5 minutes. The ribs were teriffic. This was why I bought a smoker. The ribs were exactly how I envisioned. I used Ice,an's sauce and other bands in various combos. Looks like I am finally getting the hand of this. I think I crossed to the other side, I am one of ya'all now. 

West Coast Kansan

That's Great Infalable!  :D Where there is a will there is a way  ;D aint it fun  ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Wildcat

Great job, especially with all the challenges! :) ;)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Infalable

Yea, I was bummed. I have smoked ribs and brisket before. They were very good, but not as tender as I had hoped. This was what I hoped for. Maybe I have actually learned something.

coyote

VICTORY is so swweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! 8) WTG Infalable :)

Coyote