Reveo newbie

Started by winemakers, April 21, 2007, 06:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winemakers

Love the new toy!  One silly question; the manual references removing "the gasket" prior to placing the top in the dishwasher.  In what I believe is another example of poor techinical writing, I pose a question.  Does the manufacturer mean the rubber gasket around the outside diameter of the barrel, or the small thread in piece in the center?

Secondly: what are your favorite reveo recipies?  So far, we have had a ball.  Defrost, marinade, cook, eat.  Can't beat that.  Suggestions welcome!

thanks

mld

Habanero Smoker

I believe it meant the gasket that is inside the lid. The other gasket would almost be impossible to remove without damaging it. The other gasket is hard enough to remove as is, but I find that it is necessary to remove it. Sometimes juices do work their way under the seal.

As for favorite recipes, I just use my favorite marinades, and add the suggested amount.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Kummok

I'm with HabS....I believe the poorly worded instructions to mean the big gasket around the inside perimeter of the lid. Also, for a GREAT and very easy taste treat, try NSX Bill's Montreal Steak Strips (see http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=3684.0 for recipe) I've cut the Montreal seasoning in half for my own taste (otherwise, waaaay too salty for me)......If I can remember long enough, I'll send you a "scratch" mix recipe for flank strips that are also a crowd pleaser....

Just used the Reveo yesterday to perk up some older White King salmon steaks and I'm still amazed that it DOESN'T beat the fish steaks up during the tumbling process....

NePaSmoKer

I have used Moores Marinade, works great ;D

nepas

iceman

Alaska Butcher Supply reccomends washing "ALL" Reveo parts in the sink by hand in warm soapy water. The dish washer can dry and crack things to fast. ;)

Kummok

Quote from: iceman on April 22, 2007, 04:55:55 PM
Alaska Butcher Supply reccomends washing "ALL" Reveo parts in the sink by hand in warm soapy water. The dish washer can dry and crack things to fast. ;)

Great advice, Ice....Treat the parts like you treat your good knives! I've never put mine in the dishwasher but still managed to have the lid crack early in its career. Don't know how it happened but it was real evident that something was wrong when it wouldn't hold the negative pressure. I got ahold of the Reveo folks and they immediately sent me a replacement at no charge. I've been pretty gentle with it since and have had no problems.

winemakers

has anyone tried accelerated brining?  Seems like the perfect vessel to transmorgrify the brine into the beast at a rapid rate.  Although, given the marinade penetration, no need to brine.