Altering Bisquettes

Started by wicz, April 23, 2007, 02:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wicz

Can you alter Bisquettes in the feeding tube?  Like one Bisquettes as hickory, apple, and then oak?  Has anyone tried this?

acords

Yes, all the time.  When I do Brisket, I alternate mesquite and maple.
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

iceman

Heck yes you can, and should, to get the flavor you want. I think just about everybody does this on a regular basis. Have fun and "PLAY WITH YOUR FOOD"! ;D

West Coast Kansan

2- or 3 to 1 is a good way to burn the ones you rarely use or dont like and stretches out the supply of those you do.   ;D just that i'm cheap  :-X

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Habanero Smoker

I use to alternate, but now for my tasted, I will start with one flavor and finish with another or two. Sometimes I will start with two hours of apple and finish with two hour of maple. When I do brisket for myself, I will start with one hour mesquite, and finish with three hours of oak or hickory. Doing it this way, I seem to get two distinct flavors, or at least I am convincing myself of that. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

wicz

Thank you everyone again.  This is a great site for info.

Tiny Tim

When I opened this thread, I thought it was going to be about either taking the leftover "dust" from the packages or even breaking the biscuits down and blending them into new flavors.  Oh well. :D

To stay kinda on topic, so far the only time I blended was on my seasoning run...2 biscuits each of mesquite, hickory, and apple.

IKnowWood

Tim, that would be "aromacizing" the smoker.  Like Comfort food, but in this case comfort aroma.

wicz  -  Experiment.  Some woods have distinct aroma and flavor. Try adding some Maple or Cherry for Aroma or even Misquite and use others for flavor.  Works great in double smoking Ham or bacon (cold smoking).  The aroma really comes out when you fry cook or bake them for usage. 
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

hillbillysmoker

Have fun is my rule.  I alternate all types of combinations, make serious notations as to likes and dislikes, and then never look at the notes again.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

As far as the wood particles, I save them, combined them all together (except mesquite) to make my own special blend. I have a small cast iron box that is used to smoke wood chips in a gas grill. I place some of the wood particles in the smoke box, dampen them a little, and use it to lightly smoke food that I am cooking on the grill.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Stickbowcrafter

Good idea, I was wondering what to do with some of the flavors from the assorted pack that came with my OBS.

-Brian

Artmiester

Cool Habs, I do exactly the same thing with steaksand chops on the grill!  8) 8) 8)
The Artmiester

"BBQs not the only pleasure in this world but it's way ahead of whatever's in second place."

Habanero Smoker

The wood particles also work well in a Cameron stove top smoker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Stickbowcrafter