Frist time smoking with the Bradley

Started by wicz, April 24, 2007, 09:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wicz

I am going small with my first smoke this Saturday.  I am doing skinless boneless chicken breasts.  I know it's boring, but I think its best to start off small.  Does anyone have any pointers on how long to smoke them?  When smoking fowl, do you place it right on the rack or on a foil pan?  Any pointers will be great.  Thank you again everyone.

IKnowWood

wicz

Check out the Recipe boards (link is in space ship below or: http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180)

Use a probe to make sure but should be between 2 to 3 hours.  Most likely 2.5 hours.  But go for internal temps to be sure, as it depends how thick and how many are in there.

Good luck.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

IKnowWood

Oh yeah. and boring would be doing nothing at all in there.
IKnowWood

wicz

IKnowWood, Thank you very much for the tips.  Do you place your chicken right on the rack?  I will take pics of the chicken once its done.

Wildcat

Yes, directly on the rack.  May want to spray some Pam on the racks first for easier clean-up.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

IKnowWood

IKnowWood

smokin stu

One of my first smokes was from a recipe in the BS owners manual.  It was the turkey breast salted and then smoked.  Once that was on my plate I was hooked on my BS.  If you are looking to start with small pieces of meat, then I suggest that recipe.  It ends up being the best smoked turkey breast cold cuts you have ever had.  The folks at work will envy your sandwiches thats for sure.