"Gold" cardboard packing boards

Started by cheapguy69, April 24, 2007, 08:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheapguy69

Does anyone know where you can buy those gold colored cardboard pieces that are often used inside the shrinkwrap of smoked salmon and other deli type items?

Habanero Smoker

No! Sometime ago another member was looking for them, no one had any success in finding a source at the time. Ask the person behind the meat counter for the actual name of the item. Once you get the actual name, you should be able to Google it, and find a source.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NePaSmoKer

I think i have seen them at our local dollar store. They have alot of aluminum foil  take out containers and if memory serves me i seen them there, cant recall if they were round or rectangle though.

nepas

cheapguy69

Found em!

http://www.amindle.com/index.html

Thouh their online store appears to be closed/date but I have an email off to them

Kummok

Glad you found a potential source....I was hesitant to offer up that they have it at Alaska Butcher Supply in Anchorage....  ;) 

Lots of the commercially available smoked salmon I've seen up here is vac-seal packaged in that stuff.......

cheapguy69

Well I'm heading to Ketchiken late August for a week of Silver and Halibut fishing so I need to get all my supplies in order. I plan on making mostly Lox and the rest will be hot smoked salmon. I made lox for the holidays this past year with store bought fish and made my own "gold trays" from a local paper store - but it was spendy and a pain.

Habanero Smoker

So they are called Traycompacts. So if you google that word, you get a whole lot of sources.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)