Fat "up" or "down"?

Started by TxSmoker, April 27, 2007, 06:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

Hope to come back for some finished pics,,,  ;) Good Deal Happening.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

TxSmoker

Just got done eating :P  The butt turned out very tender and juicy. All in all I was happy with the rub, although I would have liked a little more taste. My wife and inlaws, however, felt it was just right. I think next time I will try a marinade and see if that gives me the flavor I am looking for. The rub itself did have a very good taste and the bark was excellent, I would recommend trying it. It was not hot like the marinade of the same brand. Butt was 4 lbs, Total smoke time was 5 hrs, total cook time was 15 hrs, FTC time was 5.5 hrs. Thanks for all the info! Steve

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

Looks excelllent!

Fine tuning on the rub and or sauce is always an on going thing. Kinda a personal thing too. Everybodies taste buds are different. One thing for sure... your of to a great start!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Gizmo

Tx, looks like you had it dialed in after all.  Looks good.  You know, if you never get the sauce and or marinade just right, you can keep trying, and trying and trying............
Or you can just do that anyway.   :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

coyote

The results look really good Tx. Congrats and thamks for the pics...I gained 2 pounds just looking. ::)

Coyote

SKSmoker

Pork butt is amazing in the bs! It was the second thing I did, and probably my favourite item to smoke out of all of the ones I have done. Great pics and nice info! Good luck with your future smokes!
Lead by example

hillbillysmoker

Now that is the look of excellence.  Way to go.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

West Coast Kansan

:D  :D   :D Now that is the butt I was looking for. You have a good baseline now and can tweak and tune toward your style of perfect.  ;)

Looks great !

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

TxSmoker

Thanks everyone for the kind words and the helpful info! I love this place and my BS!!!  Now, what to cook this weekend, thinking about a brisket.... Steve