Puck Burner Bulge??

Started by cingnut, April 30, 2007, 11:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cingnut

I used my 6 rack DBS for the third time this weekend, basically I did one long 24 hour smoke between the  brisket and the ribs that followed immediately after.  I was cleaning the smoker after I was finished and noticed some significant charring on the smoke burner, as well as the feeder ramp just before the burner, I scrubbed off the majority of it, I will just need a little wire brush to make it totally clean, but while cleaning I noticed there is a pretty significant "bulge" on the burner plate surface, is that normal or should it be completely flat?

Habanero Smoker

It should be flat. For the pucks to correctly smoke, they should have full contact with the place. A bulge will prevent them from smoking properly. Contact Bradley and get that replaced.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

West Coast Kansan

as Hab S says,

Is this a bulge or an issue where the center is higher than the edges? Just interested in what you see, will a puck actually rock on the high area  ???

Bradley has the right answer.  ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

cingnut

Its a bulge.  A swollen area pushing up from beneath the burner surface, it would definitely keep the puck from sitting flat.  I will contact Bradley in the morning.