Are we cursed??

Started by cingnut, May 01, 2007, 04:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cingnut

First Iceman, then Nepa and now me!  My DBS isnt out of service, but likely will be limping while I wait for a new puck burner plate to arrive from Bradley's warranty department!  Has anyone replaced a burner plate?  Is it easy?  Mine developed a strange bulge on the burner plate during my last smoke, like something got sandwiched between layers durinng manufacturing.  The guy at Bradley said they have never heard of that one before!  Lucky me, I'm the first!  LOL

SKSmoker

Your the first, and now I am the second. I will snap a pic and post. Noticed it from my brisket cook that I did last weekend. Pushed down on it, and it is hard, not soft. I'll call them tommorow about it. Brutal!
Lead by example

Gizmo

Now I am wonder if there is a Manufacture Date on them to see if there is a specific lot that might have had a bad production run?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

I think you're right Giz, sounds like a duff batch maybe?

My burner plate had a few raised bumps on it that i noticed whilst cleaning it one day, and some other members had the same. I filed the bumps off, and cleaned up with some emery paper, and mines been fine ever since, but this sounds like a more exagerated problem ???

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes