Rump Roast in a BS?

Started by SKSmoker, May 02, 2007, 10:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKSmoker

Well we just got our order of beef last night and I have some really lean roasts that I am looking at doing. One of them is a rump roast, about 4lbs. Anyone do one of these in the bs?
Lead by example

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

Turn it on, throw it in, and see what happens.  Be Lewis and Clark...forge ahead into new and exciting territories. :D

MWS

What I would do is smoke cook the roast @ 225F using oak for 4 hours, then remove the roast and place it in a roasting pan with 1 cup of stout, 1 cup of beef broth, a sliced onion and some herbs and place it in your oven for another 3-4 hours @ 325F. Ive done this with blade roasts. Turns out great. Cheers, and let us know what you did.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

iceman

Quote from: mws on May 02, 2007, 03:06:17 PM
What I would do is smoke cook the roast @ 225F using oak for 4 hours, then remove the roast and place it in a roasting pan with 1 cup of stout, 1 cup of beef broth, a sliced onion and some herbs and place it in your oven for another 3-4 hours @ 325F. Ive done this with blade roasts. Turns out great. Cheers, and let us know what you did.
That's close to the beer braised smoked chuck roast I did. Excellent!!!

Malc

Quote from: mws on May 02, 2007, 03:06:17 PM
That does sound pretty good.  I have done roasts in the BS and was unimpressed, but I may have to try that one.

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

SKSmoker

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I have done some poking around and I think I will just throw these roasts on the rotis on the grill.
Lead by example