Running up Post count... Vote Closes March 19 2010

Started by icerat4, May 02, 2007, 03:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icerat4

I have been notified by a few here wondering why some people are just running up there post count with lil or no info on any certian post.Just putting up smiles and 1 liner seem to be the way to the top for some here.I feel smiles and 1 liners are part of the fun .But when over used just to get ya up the rank ladder well i see there point.Most of the people ive seen around here know whos who and whats really brought to the bradley smoking fourm.So those folks who need to feel loved by a ranked deal do what ya need to do.Just my 2 cents.This gets me 1 post count and a topic started wow. ;D.Maybe one day i will pass olds up thats my dream lol.And just a heads up i was not going to post this topic but i did and thats that.Happy smoking. ;D ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Wildcat

I agree rat.  I try to put out meaningful or useful information.  I have done a few one liners and/or smiles but only because there is not much more I can add, or simply do not have the time at that moment to go any further.  I usually try to compliment the folks for making a good effort and being successful when I do this, or in response to a joke I like.  (A kind of acknowledgement) That being said, the rankings, as far as I am concerned, simply show how active someone is on the forum and not necessarily the quality of their contributions.  Some contribute much more than others.  I still consider myself a newbie with BS techniques since I have only owned one since last October.  I do have some years of experience, but with other smoking units and of course the grill.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

the post count dont really mean nothing to me, i just like posting my smokin photos and happenings with the in's and out's of it. Like Bradley is going to send me a gold plated smoker by hitting 1000 posts  :D  :D

nepas

parishollow

Look at that garage!!
Can you do something for my desk here at work?  I mean besides burn it.
Andrew

icerat4

I got a new harley davidson when i hit 1000.Guess they lowered the ante ;D. Dont take my post or pms the wrong way im just the messanger ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

owrstrich

1061 days posting here for me...

784 posts...

:P
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Wildcat

Quote from: icerat4 on May 02, 2007, 04:55:37 PM
I got a new harley davidson when i hit 1000.Guess they lowered the ante ;D. Dont take my post or pms the wrong way im just the messanger ;D

Only one way to take it.  I just responded to your pm.  Please pass it on to "the others" that elected you as the messenger.  Looking forward to your/their response.

Cat out.

MWS

Wildcat,

The best thing to do is just ignore this utterly ridiculous topic, and consider the source. ;)
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

boxertrio

--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

boxertrio

--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

Wildcat

Quote from: mws on May 02, 2007, 05:56:04 PM
Wildcat,

The best thing to do is just ignore this utterly ridiculous topic, and consider the source. ;)

I appreciate what you are trying to say, but this member has helped me a lot in the past, I considered him a friend, and generally value his input.  I am sure that he and I can work it out off-line and hopefully with the other concealed members that are involved with this as well.  I only responded on the forum to what was put on the forum.

As a reminder to all, from old timers to new members, this forum is for sharing and helping others.  Disregard the post ranking status.  Since there are no qualifiers for the different ranks listed, other than how many posts, I have always considered it as a reflection on how active the members are.  I have always felt this is a brother/sisterhood and sometimes differences will arise.  There are many great smokers on here and they are in all the categories (From Hero members to Newbies).  The same goes for good hearted people, electronic gadget geniuses, metal fabricators, carpenters, hunters, fishermen, computer guru's, etc.  Spend enough time on here and it will be obvious.

Arcs_n_Sparks

As is my normal practice in these affairs... I am drinking at a distance, global warming notwithstanding...   :D :D :D

Arcs_n_Sparks

Wildcat

Cute Sparky!  ;D  Not to worry, I have no real heartburn with what was posted here.  Just a little surprised.

iceman

So. This post was posted to get everone to post more???? :D ;D Smoker forum folks. Have fun and enjoy good food and friendly chat.

owrstrich

1062 days since since my first post at this forum...

785 total posts...

oops... make that 786 total posts...

:o
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...