Running up Post count... Vote Closes March 19 2010

Started by icerat4, May 02, 2007, 03:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

greetings all, just stopped in for a few minutes.  All is well, got a grand baby girl. Work is way busy.  Think about this place a lot. Best to all ... chuck

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

FLBentRider

Nice to hear from you WCK!

Take Care.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Mr Walleye

Great to hear from you WCK! Even better to hear your doin' good. Congrats on the new Grand Baby!

Hopefully we'll see ya around the forum when you get a chance.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

congrats on the grand baby girl WCK!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Congrats to you and your family on the new addition.

nepas

westexasmoker

Good to hear from ya WCK!  Congrats on the grand baby.....nothing better than grandkids!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

3rensho

Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Up In Smoke

3renshro thanks for the link,
really very interesting. i will be looking for more of his stuff.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

bigredsmoker

Amazing. Thanks for the link.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on August 03, 2009, 10:44:02 PM
greetings all, just stopped in for a few minutes.  All is well, got a grand baby girl. Work is way busy.  Think about this place a lot. Best to all ... chuck

WCK congratulations on the new addition and gad to here all is well at work.

I am not sure if it were you who pionneered the complete piglet in the Bradley or not, but if that was you; I am attmepting to do a complete lamb in the Bradley and would ery much appreciate any insight on the subject.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

bigredsmoker

HR, Wowo, I want to see pictures of that process. It sounds very interesting. I would think your lamb over there is very good, am I right?

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: bigredsmoker on October 07, 2009, 07:07:45 AM
HR, Wowo, I want to see pictures of that process. It sounds very interesting. I would think your lamb over there is very good, am I right?

Yes, you are right Bigred and it is considered the staple meat here. I have already done one rack of lamb and a couple of legs and loins and they turned out perfect.

Ever since I have read about some one (whom I think was WCK) doing a complete piglet in the smoker and I have been thinking about doing a full lamb. I have been researching the possibility and it looks good so far. The only minor snag is the internal smoker clearance in apposed to the length of the sheep. But, I am working with my neighborhood butcher on this issue and hopefull we will come up with a solution soon.

Off course I will have a step by step description including pictures.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Caneyscud

HR, 

I am looking forward to the "show".  They do a lot of whole hogs around here.  I am not a particular fan of them.  With pork to make sure some of the thicker parts done to a safe temperature, the thinner parts are overdone.  Should not have that problem with the Lamb, besides rare lamb is good eats. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

classicrockgriller

We cook two hogs a year up at deer camp in what is called a "Cajun Microwave". It is a fire proof box that once the pig is seasoned and inserted and the lid is closed you add charcoal to the top of box (outside area) and usually only open once to turn the pig. Very Moist......but no smoke. Basically a roasted pig.