Running up Post count... Vote Closes March 19 2010

Started by icerat4, May 02, 2007, 03:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

I want the post count around and love to know who's been participating in the forum, some of the comet's are in fun others do provide good tips and others are items to watch out for

Tiny Tim

Quote from: beefmann on March 13, 2010, 03:27:13 PM
I want the post count around and love to know who's been participating in the forum, some of the comet's are in fun others do provide good tips and others are items to watch out for

I've only seen 1 comet.  I think it was when the Hale-bop (sp) made it's way through the sky in our area during the 90's.

(Sorry beefmann, I had to do it. )

West Coast Kansan

Tiny, I think that falls into the run up the post count category.  How have you been?  Chuck

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Tiny Tim

Thank you, WCK. ;D  Doing great, and getting better every day.  Seem to be accidently losing some weight, too, and that will only help my situation.

Wildcat

"The issue here is a thread that started almost three years ago talking about people who posted without any reason other than to run up their post count and get more stars next to their name (Bad dog!  Bad, bad, bad!)."

Not exactly accurate. The issue here is a thread about me positing " ;D" on jokes and comments, and "Nice job" and "concur", etc. on a lot of posts without further comments (that really did not need anything else added). A select few thought I was posting smilies and one liners to run up my post count to look important (which was totally not true). The person that initially wrote the thread stated that the group he was being a spokesperson for would not be posting like before. He was right. Many of those old timers rarely, if ever, post anymore.

"Who would decide which post is garbage , I could see that causing to many problems, everybody has a different opinion on what a bad post is."

What a cop out Brian. It is obvious that one or more members belittling another member that is obviously not in a joking manner is a direct violation of the policies that YOU set up on the conduct of forum members. You have made these decisions on other threads. Granted, it happened before you got involved, but it is still there.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

azamuner73

There will always be a few that will abuse anything if you give them the opportunity.  Overall, I like the post count because it tells you a little about how long a person has been, if they are a contributor (yes some could be junk posts) and who is active on the forum.

Just my 2 cents.

begolf25

I remember when this post started Wildcat and decided to not get involved since I had my own issues with the person that was the "spokesperson" for this group of people angry that you were posting one line responses.

I for one voted this topic should stay. There are some posts in this thread that are worth reading and that content shouldn't be removed. Also, this thread has turned into more of a running joke for the current forum members.

This forum is not like any other community I have been involved in and not only are the members here posting useful information but also having a conversation with friends so short responses like "nice job, "good work", looks good" are perfectly acceptable in my opinion.

Post Count +1 :)

Wildcat

I would like to keep most of the content of this thread also - I would just like to see the bull crap part of it go away.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote"Who would decide which post is garbage , I could see that causing to many problems, everybody has a different opinion on what a bad post is."

What a cop out Brian. It is obvious that one or more members belittling another member that is obviously not in a joking manner is a direct violation of the policies that YOU set up on the conduct of forum members. You have made these decisions on other threads. Granted, it happened before you got involved, but it is still there.

Hello WC

If you feel that there are post in this topic that are discriminating towards another member please send me a link to them
and I will be happy to take a look at them

Brian

Habanero Smoker

I always ignore this thread, but when I saw the name change it moved me to actually open since my last post (so far back I can't remember). I just came in to case my vote.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

anderson5420

I would hang on to post counts, whether you rank by post counts or not, not that it really matters. I was just bound and determined not to be a "newbie" forever!  I didn't start here as early or hang out here as much as on my other daily forum, C-Brats, a forum for owners of C-Dory boats.  Here is a copy and paste from that one! What would that make me here, a deity or something?  ;D

Pat Anderson

So many recipes, so little time!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: anderson5420 on March 16, 2010, 05:39:48 AM
I would hang on to post counts, whether you rank by post counts or not, not that it really matters. I was just bound and determined not to be a "newbie" forever!  I didn't start here as early or hang out here as much as on my other daily forum, C-Brats, a forum for owners of C-Dory boats.  Here is a copy and paste from that one! What would that make me here, a deity or something?  ;D

Pat Anderson

Well versed
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

The only reason I ever looked at this was for the posts from the member on a motorcycle road trip. The pics were all fantastic! I shared these with many of my ex riding buddies and they all enjoyed them very much. I do not remember his name though.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Scotty-G

Quote from: FLBentRider on March 17, 2010, 07:17:30 PM
That would be johnny owrstrich

Has anyone heard from owrstrich? 

Haven't seen him post here in quite some time.
Miss the incredible photos that he has shared too.