Running up Post count... Vote Closes March 19 2010

Started by icerat4, May 02, 2007, 03:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote

This is a very cool place ! With REAL people , with real feelings . I feel there is a certain kinship here.
Many a Thanksgiving dinner has a speed bump between courses due to misunderstandings. But at the
end of the meal , were still at the table...and still family...........and planning our next get together.

...............This is a great place !!!!     But without the people..............It'd just be smoke...........

Now where's my adult beverage ?

Coyote

LilSmoker

Yeah well said all, and here's another 1 smiley reply..............
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: icerat4 on May 03, 2007, 07:34:01 AM
Thanks guys.Now its your turn.Dont turn to me to be a spokes person here as i am not a mod.I have now decided to leave this fourm for a while as i need to.So until later you guys stay cool and hope to join up again when i get past this rediculious crap post.That had nothing to do with me.Never again will this happen to me as i will be shutting down my pms.There anyone else want to speak up now.Just what i thought.I wont give out names here as i do not want to start a war so once again thanks alot and take care wild read your pm please thanks again.

I made a resolution not to respond and add to posts that tend to be divisive. This is as much as a wedge issue than any political, religious, racial, or environmental topic.

IceRat4;
I say this with a great deal of fondness; "What were you thinking? :), when you started this thread. No reply necessary; that has just be building up and I had to let it go. I think you learned this the hard way, but be careful of what you want to be a spokesman for.

Having said that; let me go on the record as taking the position that numbers, large or small are not an indication of one's knowledge of the subject matter, or how one is contributing to the forum. If someone wants to posts smileys or one liners; because they don't have time to make a full response or they feel a smiley is an appropriate response; then so be it. If non-offensive jokes are posted to liven up the forum; so be it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Nicely said Habs!  I sincerely believe that if one has nothing to add to what has already been said about a good post or smoke, then a simple thumbs up smile or a simple "Well Done" goes a long way on making that person feel good and it shows that others agree with or are proud of their post.  Many of you guys have made me feel good by doing so, including Rat.  The first one that did this to me was Iceman back when I was in the newbie rank.  I had already learned of his background.  That "attaboy" is what kept me on this forum and made me want to try out other things that I would never had done on my other smoker.  If you are limited in time, or if you have nothing further to add and just want to extend a compliment or encouragement, a one liner and/or a smile really does go a long way in helping others.  The more people that do this, the more impact it has, especially to a new person to a BS.  This is why I do this.  I am retired and have more time than many of you and this explains the volume of my posts.  Although I may eventually have as many posts as anyone on here, I will never be the calibre of smoker as many of you, primarily because I do not have the formal education nor do I smoke as frequently as many of you.  I can, however, draw from your knowledge, make really nice meals and pass your and my knowledge/experience along to others.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

icerat4

Your absolutly right habs.A lil beer and all hell break loose.My bad.Never again.One thing for sure if you guys notice someone not posting like before .You will figure out who these folks are as they will not show there true colors.Lesson learned by a rat.Happy smoking and see ya down the road guys

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Tiny Tim

Glad that's all taken care of. :D

Next on the agenda, group hug?  or maybe "kumbaya"?

:P

owrstrich

1062 days posting here for me...

788 posts...

you gotta click post...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Arcs_n_Sparks

I thought you gotta eat...... ???

boxertrio

Damn.... only .310 posts per day for me, gotta catch up  ;D
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

boxertrio

--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

Arcs_n_Sparks

Since it is Friday..........

I am drinking at a distance........

Sparkler

LilSmoker

Quote from: Arcs_n_Sparks on May 04, 2007, 05:53:01 PM
I thought you gotta eat...... ???

You gotta eat........then you gotta drink.........then you gotta click post!
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

owrstrich

1063 days posting here for me...

789 posts...

lick it before you stick it...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

headgames

Yikes owrstrich  ............... :o................ sounds like a quote from an old girlfriend ......... lol 

sorry just had to .................... ::)
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

coyote

Headgames.....I think I know her ! :P ;D