Running up Post count... Vote Closes March 19 2010

Started by icerat4, May 02, 2007, 03:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

saturday continued...

more ca 1 heading south...

elephant seals by san simeon...

human surfsailers by san simeon...

main street grill in cambria... it was so so...

the red heads were freaky...

sunday...

breakfast with a fellow motobrick rider... flatgunphil...

margies diner in san luis obisbo at the 101 and los osos valley road... it was very good...

james dean memorial on the 46...

bitterwater road between the 46 and the 58...

california 58... a 2 up rider and passengers dream of a stretch of asphalt... micki was hanging on... he he he... so not many photos...

margies diner twice in 1 day... this one in pasco robles at the 101 and the 46... couldnt make it through it... 2 to go boxes for breakfast...

got to a lodging establishment at deer thirty... there were everywhere...

more later...

johnny
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

owrstrich

monday...

we 46ed it to the 101 to the 196 to the 25... the 198 is a beauty of a road... but the 25... o my... another 2 up rider and passengers dream of a stretch of asphalt...

scenery from the 198...

the 25... once again... micki was holding on...

looked at the pinnacles...

had to stop as casa de fruita... the burger was good... i know its a trap but they got some interesting consumables... we were fully packed so we could get much...

152ed it back to the 101 back to milpitas and put the motobrick back on the lorry... our tuesday job was a 2am start... 1 more day here then off to tulare... one of our favorite central valley job areas...

take care...

johnny

Mr Walleye

Holy sh1t "O"!... You and Micki are cruzin' machines!

Great pictures!   8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

Come home you wiley duo..... ;D

owrstrich

we will be back in anaheim on friday september 26th...

first order of business is the sprint cars at perris auto speedway on saturday september 27th...

smoking the beast late night saturday september 27th and sunday september 28th...

will be in the socal til april 09...

johnny owrstrich 08

icerat4

Do your self a favor .NEVER NEVER SHOW THIS TO YOUR DOCTOR. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

MWS

I enjoyed seeing the San Simeon photos. My wife and I honeymooned at Moonstone Beach almost 20 years ago.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

owrstrich

i am my own doctor... i will not show it to me...

yesser... moonstone beach is a very nice place... there was a pod of whales out there... we could see them blow and then see their bung flipper... we just couldnt get a proper photo of them to post...

j o

owrstrich

Mineral King 09-20-08

http://mineralking.us/about.html

back in tulare ca again... for 1 weekend anyway...

after reading the v town pashnit gangs mineral king jaunt... i had to go... micki was busy so i went 1 up... good thing... we could do it 2 up... we have been on these kinda goats before... but 1 up was more enjoyable im sure...

so i buzzed out the 198 and filled up at the cheveron in 3 rivers... it 57 miles round trip from the cheveron to the end of the road and back...

the bug eye motobrick was getting into the red today...

the bridge over the kaweah river...

the river is spectacular... i want to see it during snow melt...

i got a feeling this would be covered in water in the early spring...

this ride has it all... the desert of the central valley... the picturesque foot hills... and then full on wilderness...

and some big trees along the way...

the smell of pine needles... although very smoggy today... the pine scent prevailed in the cool air climbing to 7200 feet...

the north facing hills still had some water flowing... the sun wasnt in the best position for good photos...

this is where im heading...

they say that mineral king is the glacier divide of the eastern sierras and the western sierras... just what i read... just saying...

the end of the road...

more later...

johnny

owrstrich

the dirt portions went from smooth and firm to washboard and crazy... especially on some of those off camber switchbacks...

motobrick and mother earth... looking out for each other...

unmarked cattle guard in a hairpin...

rolling down the hill...

it was a beauty of a ride...

the lake between lemon cove and 3 rivers is just a puddle these days... notice the water line... our first time here... 6 years ago... the lake was way higher...

there you go...

johnny

Consiglieri

Central Valley, California, huh?   Let me know when you need a tour of the dairy lagoons of Turlock, Ca.   ;D  You coming this way soon, O? 
Consiglieri

Arcs_n_Sparks

owrstrich

dairy lagoons... stinky... o no... thats my middle finger... sorry...

consiglieri... i missed you and the sparkler this year... just didnt work out... gonna have to make it a priority for next spring... the only other smoker we saw... other than the socal freak squad... was the phoneman and his lovely wife and daughter...

so now its back to the socal freak squad... the gizerdmo... the west coast kansan... the laquinta... the bob...

and i get to smoke once again... i have been planning my strategy for weeks... smoking and eating... smoking and eating...

johnny

Consiglieri

We'll catch you in the spring; enjoy the fall down south. 
Consiglieri

La Quinta

Bob and I discussed that we were happy being card carrying members of the socal freak squad.  ;D Yup...