AH! No heat!!

Started by swissy, May 03, 2007, 10:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swissy

Help help help!!!

I've got 2 nice zested up flat briskets in the smoker, with bacon dripping down on them. 5 hours of smoke and heat with no troubles, and not when the timer shut off the smoke there is no heat either!!! Heat is still set up and turned on/active - little flame in the display is showing. Temp set to 200, with plenty of time left. BUT NO GLOW!!! Checked the power cord, the fuse and the little digital cable - all plugged, unplugged and re-plugged. I've turned off the unit, let it sit, and turned it back on. Nothing!!! I've turned up the temp on the control, reset the timer, and nothing works!!!

any other ideas? I guess I'll have to finish in the over overnight...  ???

swissy

never mind... I let it sit for about 15 minutes unplugged, then tried again. Now she's glowing hot and temps back up?!?!?!!?

???

headgames

can you say  WHEW .................  I hate it when the heat takes a dump . its worse then cooking steaks on the grill and running out of propane . cause smoking takes more time and effort , and generaly a preplan to make it fit ones schedule . nice lookig meal,.  I expect you will be sharing with a mass mailing of samples  lol  ;D
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!