Mother's Day Pork Loin-Tsquared's recipe

Started by Consiglieri, May 07, 2007, 05:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consiglieri

Okay-- Mr. Loin met Mr. PreHeated Bradley at 10:19 am.  Here's the before shot, meat out of the bags:

So far, so good.  Exept the wind kicked up so getting some wide temp variations.  Original plan was to set the machine for 220 and see how that progressed, but with the wind knocking down the temp, I cranked up the heat to 250 about an hour ago.  Now the cabinet is hanging around 225 degrees.  Meat is smelling good.  Applied smoke for 2hours 20 minutes (3 pucks each of apple and cherry, plus one pecan because I had one hanging around).  IT at 2:45 PDT is 133, and targetting 140ish.  Looks like it'll be about 4:00 before I hit the target temp.  About 4 hours cooking time so far. 
Consiglieri

West Coast Kansan

Coming back for the after pics.   ;D  No way I can drive that far north in time  ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Consiglieri

T2 wasn't kidding: this recipe rocks (even as modified).  Probably started off with a 10 # trunk, and trimmed off .75# of fat.  4 slices left.  I would make this recipe again in a heartbeat. 
Once the meat hit 140, I finished off on a high temp grill to get it a bit of crust.  But Mr. Bradley came through again.  Meat came out of the box at about 4:15, plus about 10 minutes on the grill.  About 6 hours total, plus 1.5 hours FTC.

Here are pix of the finished product:

Consiglieri

SKSmoker

Did you save some for the rest of us? :)

This looks like a must make for the wife and I! Off to find a pork loin!!
Lead by example

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Habanero Smoker

I'm sure your wife was glad you did the cooking, on that day.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

Consiglieri

Thanks, guys.  This recipe has been added to the binder. 
Consiglieri

owrstrich

what are those spots on the cutting board...

shark drool or pig juice...

you gotta run the count...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Consiglieri

Consiglieri

tsquared

Well done Consiglieri! I have friends who still ask me to make that for them--I'll just forward your pics if I don't have time!
T2

hillbillysmoker

Wow.  Looks absolutely fantastic.  Congrats on your success.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

kiyotei

How did it turn out?  I"ve been thinking of doing a tenderloin.  I noticed you are using a wood carving board with raw meat.  The health experts warn against that, easy way to get cross food contamination and food poisoning.  The wood holds the bateria.

Consiglieri

Thanks, K:  I thoroughly clean the cutting board after prepping meat and have not had any episodes.  I suppose I should add a sanitizing step too just to be on the safe side.  Options are pretty limited when working with larger cuts of meat.

I like this recipe quite a bit and would repeat it.  About 4 slices of left overs on a pretty big loin; guests liked it too.   
Consiglieri