Cabinet Tips

Started by Buck36, May 30, 2007, 02:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck36

I would like to free up some space in the garage and move the Bradley outdoors. I would like to build a permanent wood cabinet for it. For those who have built a cabinet for their smoker, is there anything you would change?  Does it vent well or does the smoke mainly collect inside?

Tiny Tim

I'm happy with my Suncast Vertical Tool Storage unit, but I still have to build something to hold the smoker that has shelves and hooks for the pucks and other accessories.

I know, not much help, but hey, I tried. :D

Habanero Smoker

I'm in the process of building a cabinet. What I've been recommending and will be doing is placing the smokers on a sliding shelf so you can move the cabinet up far enough so the door will fully open and will not impede with loading and unloading. I putting a fan vent on the roof of the cabinet that I can control with a rheostat, and possible vent holes in the rear of the cabinet. I will incorporate a built in cold smoke box within the cabinet, and I'm placing the cabinet on 4" caster. Other things are shelves, and storage area for the bisquettes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

smokin stu

My shack vents well, and is not all that tight anyway with my wood working skills.  The things I would change and will is more roof support to keep things as square as possible.  I did not have a complete 2X2 wood frame and will fix that some weekend.

I had a one inch drop in the pitch of my roof and would have preferred at least a 3-4 inch drop from front to back.

I am also thinking of putting a 1/2 inch plywood separator in between the BS and the storage area next to it to keep the smoke out of the storage area as much as possible.

It is soooooo worth it, as you have no worries about the weather and it keeps it neat and tidy and out of the garage.