Yet another first timer at hot smoked salmon

Started by Me_Like_Meat, May 31, 2007, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me_Like_Meat

Nothing more to say than I got three nice big fillets, cut about 1" - 1-1/4" wide, brined overnight in brown sugar/salt/hoisin/soy/ginger, smoked with mostly apple and some alder as per the Kummok recipe.

Nervously opened the BS after 6.5 hours of smoking with dinner guests peering suspiciously over my shoulder, and what did I find inside? Gorgeous looking and smelling, and as it turns out magnificent tasting hot smoked salmon. Yeehah! It was three times as easy as I thought. It was tender but not mushy. I had brushed the outside with maple syrup/hoisin/soy/ginger/minced green onion before smoking.

Gonna do it again this Saturday for a bunch of my rag-tag musician buddies. All of them raved when I served them cedar-planked salmon before, we'll see what they think of this..  ;D

icerat4

Maybe post some pics to see the great job.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

Kummok

Great job, Meat! Stand by to have LOTS of friends as you make more smoked stuff! ;) :)

coyote

The good time are just starting M_L_M , Good to have you along.Love to see som pic's. :) 8)

Coyote