Wow, my butt is ready!!!!

Started by HCT, June 02, 2007, 04:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

I've had pulled pork in restuarants, friends BBQ's, even made my own a few times in the oven but I have never had anything that was anywheres near as good as this one. I must have eaten half a pound just pulling my meat. I used Habanero's recipe with a few adjustments to taste. Not much because it didn't need any. What a winner. I smoked it 4 hours with maple, temp at 210. When smoking was done I wrapped it in saran and foil with some apple juice and finished it off. FTC'd for a couple of hours and now I'm going back for my sammich or 2. Yup, addicted to smoke.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Wildcat

Nice going!  Where's the flics?  That BS is a wonderful piece of equipment ain't it?  ;)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

icerat4

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Habanero Smoker

Sounds great. You can't go wrong with "The Renowned Mr. Brown" rub.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

hillbillysmoker

Happy to see that your plan came together. Congrats on a successful adventure.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

coyote

Ahhh! The sweet smell (and taste) of a good plan comming together! :)

Coyote

smokin stu

I am devoted to the Renowned Mr. Brown as well.  at 210, I smoke for eight hours, continue cooking in the BS until total time is 1 1/2 hours a pound, and then FTC for as long as humanley possible, five hours max so far.

Tear it apart and mix with some Bullseye original BBQ sauce and slop it on white bread buns.

It is the best!!!!

CLAREGO

HCT see any difference in the cook time for the butts i did two last weekend prob at least 17 pounds only took me 7 hours with 4 hours of smoke saran wrap it tight then aluminum foil it. i find to be this the quickest way and are aloud  to get away with higher temps i smoke them then put them in the oven at 325. thats the trick of a real fast butt!!!! ftc would give the same result no chewy bark!

HCT

Besides the saran and foil speading up the process I like the way it stays so juicy. What I did after the 4 hour smoke was let it go another hour in the Bradley then brought it inside to the kitchen oven at 210 for another hour or 2 then did the FTC. It's a trade off for the bark or the real juicy butt. :o Sounds obscene. ;D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

CLAREGO

totally agree thinking of entering a cookoff with the butts. by the way it works exclllent with shoulder also i take the skin off of course and there seems to be less fat!