Your new source for Bubba Pucks

Started by Chez Bubba, June 05, 2007, 06:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

You know, I've never met Chez Bubba as I joined this party after he had left.  The ironic thing is that I live but only 15 minutes from him.  When I first got started in smoking, I did a search of places that sold smoking stuff in my local area and his store came up in the search.  I drove around for 30 minutes trying to find his place, never could and then later learned he was out of business.  Dang shame....living this close to him, I may have been able to gleen much knowledge from him.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Kummok

Dang....kinda weird to hear the talk about CB as if he's dead. He's still around, still cool, still busier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, and still married to a better gal than he deserves.  ;)  If I was 15 minutes away Duckman, I'd go knock on his door with some fresh smoked "stuff", introduce yourself, tell 'im "ThanX" for all he's done for the forum members and be prepared for some good ol' smoking & gun talk! I'll bet the knowledge "gleening" would run both ways!  But that's just me.... ;)

iceman

Quote from: Kummok on May 30, 2008, 08:33:37 AM
Dang....kinda weird to hear the talk about CB as if he's dead. He's still around, still cool, still busier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, and still married to a better gal than he deserves.  ;)  If I was 15 minutes away Duckman, I'd go knock on his door with some fresh smoked "stuff", introduce yourself, tell 'im "ThanX" for all he's done for the forum members and be prepared for some good ol' smoking & gun talk! I'll bet the knowledge "gleening" would run both ways!  But that's just me.... ;)

Gotta agree with Kummok. I'll send you his address if you want to take a drive by.

Smoking Duck

I would love to.....never talked to him before so wasn't sure if he was a private person or what and I like to honor people's privacy.  But, if you and Kummok will vouch for me, I'd love to be able to introduce myself and shoot the chit with him.  I wouldn't want to take any of my smoked foods over.....it'd be like my 7 year old taking a finger painting to Van Gogh with all the good stuff I've heard about him.

SD

Kummok

Quote from: Smoking Duck on May 30, 2008, 09:41:54 AM
....I wouldn't want to take any of my smoked foods over.....it'd be like my 7 year old taking a finger painting to Van Gogh with all the good stuff I've heard about him.

Yer selling yerself too short, Duckman. If you take him some smoked Spam, I'll bet that he won't be able to compare it to his own smoking experiences!?!?  ;) ;D ;D

begolf25

Quote from: Lefty_Smoker on May 29, 2008, 07:33:47 AM
Quote from: Smokin Soon on May 28, 2008, 06:42:07 PM
I ordered mine from the Yard and Pool guys, cause I got a bunch of dead links looking. The ebay people wanted to rape you on shipping charges.

Through their website, Y&P charges $8.95 shipping for a set of (3) pucks, plus the $25.95 price.  Total $34.90 shipped.

I now see that Y&P has started selling pucks on ebay too.  Guess what they charge for shipping through ebay?  $9.95 per set!!!  Thats in addition to the $9.95 price per puck.  So a set of (3) pucks through Y&P on ebay would cost you $39.80!!!

The cheapest source continues to be the regular ebay offering of a set of (3) pucks for $25.99 plus $6 shipping, for a grand total of $31.99 shipped.   

So who is doing the raping on the price of pucks AND shipping?  ::)

Hint:  it ain't the ebay sellers!

Not quite sure how to respond to this post or if I even need to. But I would like to clear up some inaccurate information. We sell a 3 Pack of Bubba Pucks on eBay for $25.95. The same price we sell them for on our web site. Shipping and handling on eBay is $7.95 for a total of $33.90, not $39.80. There are various reasons for the difference in the shipping costs that I don't need to explain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bubba-Pucks-Bradley-Smoker-Woodsaver-Set-of-3_W0QQitemZ310044003407QQihZ021QQcategoryZ20725QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

I just don't want people to read this post and think we are in the business of ripping people off. We do our best to provide our customers with the highest level of customer service possible.

Bryan

Smoking Duck

I don't think that anybody on this forum that has ever done business with you has ever thought you were in the business of ripping off people, Bryan.  I know I sure as heckfire never thought that.  To the contrary, I know that you have lost money dealing with me and my ignorance sometimes (I don't recommend that as a good business plan, however  ;D)

Marc

iceman

I don't see any reason for concern Bryan. Glad you posted the correct prices though. Your running a first class and competitive operation and that in itself says it all. Word of mouth from satisfied customers such as myself will always tell the real story.  :)

Tiny Tim

I agree with Ice and Duck.  Though I'm not a customer of yours (actually a competitor  :o ), I know good customer service and overall business sense when I see it, and you have it.

I hope you didn't take my earlier post to mean that I was supporting the misinformation (whether intentional or not) that was posted in the thread, I was only stating what some businesses do.

Wildcat

You have my confidence Bryan.  I did not know what your prices were, but even if the prices stated had been accurate, there was not that much of a difference for most to bother considering.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Wildcat on May 30, 2008, 04:44:50 PM
You have my confidence Bryan.  I did not know what your prices were, but even if the prices stated had been accurate, there was not that much of a difference for most to bother considering.

Right on, Cat.  I'd rather spend an extra $5 to help a friend than save $5 and support someone I don't know.  Maybe that makes me a fool, but I sleep better at night just the same.  Not to say that there's anything wrong with those who want to go the cheapest route at all and if I don't have a dog in the fight, I'll go the cheapest route as well.  But, when you're supporting a friend, it's a good investment, IMHO.

Lefty_Smoker

Bryan, I apologize again for the way my post came across.  I was simply responding the the other poster saying that the ebay sellers are raping folks with their shipping charges, I never meant to imply that anybody was raping anybody with any charges.  I simply refuted them by quoting some shipping charges that I found.  Like I said, you along with anybody else can charge anything you need/want, and don't have to justify it to anybody.

And if I misquoted your ebay shipping prices, again, I apologize.  When I searched ebay, I typed in "bradley smoker", and the only auction of yours for bubba pucks I found was for a single puck, which I simply changed the quantity to (3) for thee pucks, it said shipping was $7.95 for the first item and $1 for each additional item.  It automatically upped the shipping charge to $9.95 when I changed the quantity to (3).  That is how I cam up with the price I quoted.  I never saw an auction of your's for (3) pucks, but if you say there is one, then I stand corrected and again I apologize to you and the board.

edited to add:
I did just search for "bubba pucks" on ebay and did find your auction for (3) pucks, so again, I apologize. :-[

La Quinta

Hey Lefty...probably good idea to just let this go? Just a suggestion?...looks like it's all been cleared up...truthfully I had a couple of the same questions...but I PM'd Bryan and he explained it to me...

I'm sure he understands your point...and appreciates your perspective...it made me look into it...

begolf25

Lefty,

No problem, I have no problem with people finding the best deals they can get, especially the way things are now. I just wanted to make sure our prices were properly represented.

Unfortunately, the way eBay works prevents us from listing items certain ways. For example, I can't have one listing for a 48 Pack of Bisquettes and once someone buys them they let me know what flavor they want. eBay makes you list every single flavor out in separate auctions so that way they can collect their money. That's why I list the Bubba Pucks in three different auctions with the appropriate price for each.

Either way, everything is cleared and everyone can get back to smoking. Besides, based on your name we have something in common and us lefties need to stick together. We are already discriminated against enough as it is  :D :D

Bryan

La Quinta