Your new source for Bubba Pucks

Started by Chez Bubba, June 05, 2007, 06:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

Quote from: La Quinta on May 30, 2008, 07:59:30 PM
Hey...I'm a lefty as well!!!

Now it all makes perfect sense  ;D :D ;)

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Tiny Tim

Judging from the ones that have already admitted to it ( ;) ), I'm not sure I want to, but I'm a lefty as well. :D

Old Vermonter

Quote from: begolf25 on May 30, 2008, 12:46:41 PM
Quote from: Lefty_Smoker on May 29, 2008, 07:33:47 AM
Quote from: Smokin Soon on May 28, 2008, 06:42:07 PM
I ordered mine from the Yard and Pool guys, cause I got a bunch of dead links looking. The ebay people wanted to rape you on shipping charges.

Through their website, Y&P charges $8.95 shipping for a set of (3) pucks, plus the $25.95 price.  Total $34.90 shipped.

I now see that Y&P has started selling pucks on ebay too.  Guess what they charge for shipping through ebay?  $9.95 per set!!!  Thats in addition to the $9.95 price per puck.  So a set of (3) pucks through Y&P on ebay would cost you $39.80!!!

The cheapest source continues to be the regular ebay offering of a set of (3) pucks for $25.99 plus $6 shipping, for a grand total of $31.99 shipped.   

So who is doing the raping on the price of pucks AND shipping?  ::)

Hint:  it ain't the ebay sellers!

Not quite sure how to respond to this post or if I even need to. But I would like to clear up some inaccurate information. We sell a 3 Pack of Bubba Pucks on eBay for $25.95. The same price we sell them for on our web site. Shipping and handling on eBay is $7.95 for a total of $33.90, not $39.80. There are various reasons for the difference in the shipping costs that I don't need to explain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bubba-Pucks-Bradley-Smoker-Woodsaver-Set-of-3_W0QQitemZ310044003407QQihZ021QQcategoryZ20725QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

I just don't want people to read this post and think we are in the business of ripping people off. We do our best to provide our customers with the highest level of customer service possible.

Bryan

Thank you for posting your link. We're just seasoning our new smoker now, and as I was lurking around on the Forum here I saw mention of "Bubba pucks." I searched until I found out what they are--and we'd already noticed such a thing might be necessary. Reading this thread, thinking "yeah, yeah, gimme, gimme" I finally got to your post with your link.

Just placed my order. Glad to know you're so highly recommended by so many folks.

Gizmo

Welcome Old Vermonter.  Great group of folks here in many ways.
Check out the recipe site as well.  The link is at the bottom of my post here.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E to the forum Old Vermonter!

Lots o' knowledge and good people here.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum OV

Lots of good people here.....Once again welcome aboard!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

La Quinta

Welcome OV...nice to have you with us...post some "stuff" and let us know how you're doing with your new toy!! :)

chrispy

Welcome Old Vermonter.  I am an ex-Vermonter myself.  It's a great place to be from.  Hope to see more of your postings soon.

Chrispy

dcpendarvis

Hey guys, I just picked up an original Bradley and am curing it now.   Looking at Bubba Pucks, and have a practical question: how many do you need?  Looking at the description it seems like 2, but everyone seems to package them as 3.

Mr Walleye

Welcome to the forum DC!

3 are perfect but 2 will work if you load another wood puck on top of the 2 bubba pucks. Personally I use 3.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

beefmann

BoozeMonkey

Howdy!

I just wanted to mention that after reading these forums a bit, I ordered three Bubba Pucks from the gmail account at the top of this thread for my newly acquired BOS.

The response was immediate, pleasant, and the Pucks arrived quickly. Very nice experience.

Now I just need to pick a recipe to get started!  ;D

Cheers!
----------------------

I am the Booze Monkey
Often Drunk
& Always Funky!

Tenpoint5

Welcome aboard BM!! I'm sure you might be able to find a recipe to try somewhere on this forum. When you do if you have any questions just ask. There's always somebody that has been there, done that, and is more than willing to help you out.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

drano

Auber Instruments now has the Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver, (3 pack of aluminum pucks)
http://auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=14&zenid=702966c894ccdd3a458f90a6f3881ef4

Intro price of $19.50 + 6.50 shipping.

Throw in a Plug N Play PID w/ the order, install a fan from Grainger, and you're somokin!

drano

scotts87

Has anyone used those rings? I need to make a decission.....order the solid tried and true pucks, or go with the rings.

Thanks
Scott