bradley smoker video?

Started by bergie, September 30, 2004, 02:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bergie

i'm going to buy my new bradley smoker tomorrow and was wondering if the video is worth the almost $30.00 asking price, it seems a little high? or will i have problems learning it without it?

jaeger

bergie,
Save your 30 bucks and put it towards a good smoke/cook book. Check out Smoke and Spice by (the Jamisons). You'll need a good cook book because the one that comes with the Bradley is about as informative as the video. If you have any questions when you are ready to smoke, just post here and you will get lots of advice.
  Hopefully we'll here from you soon!!![:D][8D][:D]

nsxbill

I got the video.   You will get more out of the forum.  

Not very professionally prepared.  Lame audio.  Just a rehash of the manual and not a very good resource.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

MallardWacker

Bergie,

May I suggest http://www.chezbubba.com/ to get your BS.  You won't find better service anywhere.  Plus he gives you (if you buy the smoker from him) 10% off your wood pucks for life.  Stocks all the parts and stuff.  Great service and a great guy.  Make sure you hang out around here and be a part of the gang.

<font color="blue">And yet another convert.</font id="blue">

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Bassman

Yeah, What Mallard said![:D]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Oldman

Here!~~here!! I agree with Mallard!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DoW-Oldman</i>
<br />Here!~~here!! I agree with Mallard!
Olds
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I always agree with MallardWacker[:D]

I think though to get to the heart of you question and piggyback on Bill, you are going to find more info in the forum here than can possibly ever fit on a single video cassette.  Your money is better spent on a thermometer, extra pucks, a book, extra racks, any accessory and just spend a couple of hours going over the postings here.  I have gained more knowledge here than I knew you could learn[:)]

How's that line go on Lethal Weapon??? "The guy has forgot more about inflicting pain than you or I'll ever know"  Same kind of thing here - hundreds of years of smoking experience - use it[;)]

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Chez Bubba

Bergie: These guys are not on our payroll![:D]

My opinion on the video is:

If you have never smoked before, there is some good information to be had.

If you've been smoking & are just new to the Bradley, you already know most of what's in it. Your money is better spent with a copy of S&S, which we don't sell, so this is totally unbiased.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

MallardWacker

Man-I wish the [:X]HEN Mallard[:X] agreed with me that much.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

charlie

bradley also has a new-ish recipe book out now. it's a lot more informative than the book that comes with the smoker. some other good smoking books are 1) "smoke & spice" by cheryl alters jamison and bill jamison 2) "sublime smoke" by same authors as above, and, 3) "home book of smoke cooking meat, fish and game" by jack sleight and raymond hull.
hope it helps and happy smokin'

SmokinLarry

I just bought my Bradley and yes 30.00 plus dallors was to much for the video. In regards to the Smoke & Spice by the Jamisons. Where cane this be purchased?

Thanks
                                   Larry

nsxbill

Try Half.com or amazon.com.  I bought mine from Jessicasbiscuit.com.  Usually most books a good deal. First I look at Half.com to see if anyone has an almost new one they want to part with.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by charlie</i>
<br />bradley also has a new-ish recipe book out now. it's a lot more informative than the book that comes with the smoker.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes, you're right. I've read through the recipes & am anxious to try a few of them. It's the complete collection of the little cards that come free with the bisquettes, but God only knows how many bisquettes you'd have to order to get the whole set "free".

Kirk

Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />It's the complete collection of the little cards that come free with the bisquettes, but God only knows how many bisquettes you'd have to order to get the whole set "free".<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hey there all.

I know I am guilty of this...link up the Bradley site from your favorites or bookmarks, and jump right into the forum - I mean that's where all the fun is right?

Anyway, if no one has noticed, the special recipe cards have been available for download for a long time now.  Just look under recipes on the main Bradley site, every card recipe is downloadable and printable right off your PC.  I know that the recipe collection might be "cool" to own, but the Digital River website (or whoever it is that Bradley sponsors right off the main home page) wants $20 for the collection.

Nice gift, but personally I would rather spend my $$$ on more pucks, more meat, or more spices.

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Chez Bubba

WTF,

Are all 56 recipes available on the website? I've never checked it out. Plus, the "book" is a convenient Pantone-style printed on card stock that will surely hold up better than your printer paper.

I can see your point though, if only a few of them interest you. Smoked Q tastes much better than paper![:)]

Kirk