Help Needed!!

Started by tturaider, June 25, 2007, 03:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tturaider

I just got my first OBS and have statred trying to season the smoker.  I have one problem the power indicator light is not on on one big box.  The indicator light is on on the smoker box and am getting smoke from it.  The heat is begging to rise but the light is still not on on the big box. All of the brods are plugged in just as the instructions describe so i dont know exactly what is wrong.
Smoke like your from Texas....use Mesquite

chuck steak

humm did you slide the temp bar to the right on the bottom of the smoke box ( big box)?, I think when mine came 3 weeks ago the temp control on the smoke box was in the "off pstion" or all the way to the left slide it to the right. dang thang was so easy to put together I overlooked the temp contro; on the box also first time out. 

tturaider

CS ive got it setting half way in the center of the temp setting.  the box has reached the temp of 150 with the vent all of the way closed but the light has yet to come on

ttu

tturaider

CS thanks for the reply i went out there and checked the plugs one more time and found that i didnt have the plug all the way in on the smoker. Im like a kid with a new toy and just didnt check everything like I should have.

thanks
ttu

chuck steak

:D :D :D like I said,  I was so phyic out when mine came, I failed to check the temp controll.
all I can say is WELCOME TO THE CLUB

tturaider

CS thanks man i appreciate it!!! :D :D :D

ttu

chuck steak

anytime friend, olds and Icerat are the experets here, me I'm tha rookie--butcher by trade so meat questions are what I do best. cuts and such