Pork Tenderloin

Started by b0n3thug5, June 26, 2007, 06:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0n3thug5

I am some what new to the board, I have been an avid reader and researcher, just never really posted anything, I have had my BS for three years and I must say it is the best purchase I have ever made.  I am looking to do a Pork Tenderloin this weekend, I am looking for a recipe to use on a tenderloin.  The majority of the meats that I have been doing in the smoker is brisket, pork shoulder, which I use my spices and mustard as a base.  I do not know what would be good for a pork tenderloin if you would soak it in Olive Oil or use a mustard base.  Any assistance from all the smoke masters would be great.

TIA
Big Bry

tsquared

I have used this one with good results.

Smoked Pork Tenderloin with plum-rosemary Marinade
Plum-Cassis Marinade (recipe below)
2-3 Tablespoons of chopped fresh rosemary leaves
apple or orange juice
3 lb pork tenderloin

Marinade
6 fresh plums, pitted and coarsely chopped(I freeze some from our tree every summer just for this recipe)
1/4 cup creme de cassis liqueur (black currant liqueur}
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup dry Madeira wine
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg.

1) Boil plums and cassis then reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.
Cool.
2)combine plum mixture with vinegar, wine, garlic, mustard, sugar and nutmeg and puree.

Cooking method
1)Combine marinade and rosemary and marinate pork overnight or for 8 hours.
2)Remove pork, boil marinade to baste with.
3) Use apple juice in the water pan of your smoker, smoke pork with apple or cherry or pecan until internal temp reaches 140 f.
4) Prepare to receive the accolades of your guests. This recipe is the one that convinced me that a smoker should be used for more than just salmon.It's from a cookbook called Marinades by Jim Tarantino. Hope you enjoy if you try it.
Tom

Gizmo

My favorite pork tenderloin recipe is Canadian Bacon style.   ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Just sprinkled with rub and smoked is fine for me.   :)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Consiglieri

I cooked Tsquared's recipe for mother's day, and the hen house raved!  I could not find creme de casis in my provencial locale, so used blackberry brandy with (surprising to me anyway) good results.

Looking forward to cooking that recipe again.  Good luck with your project!
Consiglieri

Gizmo

Funny you should mention creme de casis, I was looking for that for a mixed drink with Tequilla and after looking at several stores, finally found some at Albertsons. 

Consiglieri

Far less cosmopolitan here.  Lotsa cowboys.  Not so mucha the Catalina types like you SD people get ;).  Creme de menthe, sure.  Creme de cacao, no problem for some reason (never in my life have I had a call for this stuff, although I bartended plenty).  Plenty of other  creams too.  But creme de casis, no dice.

All the same the tart-sweetness of the blackberry brandy worked.  If I wasn't preoccupied to find something that at least sounded purplish, I would have realized that apricot brandy was probably a better choice.  Still, the meal turned out great--- finicky eaters and all were pleased.   Me too cuz I gambled on the marinade.

What's the tequilla beverage, Giz?
Consiglieri

Gizmo

Was on the take home chef.  gold tequilla, creme de casis, lemon juice and top it with ginger ale.  I prefer my italian cadillac margarita myself.

hillbillysmoker

I rub mine down the night before with honey mustard and spices, wrap in saran and smoke the next day.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: hillbillysmoker on June 27, 2007, 12:06:26 PM
I rub mine down the night before with honey mustard and spices, wrap in saran and smoke the next day.

I do the same hillbilly and they turn out great too huh  ;D

nepas

hillbillysmoker

May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes