First smoke, what a blast!!!

Started by HCT, May 29, 2007, 11:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

Well I finally fired up the smoker yesterday. Truly an enlightening experience. I did 2 racks of ribs that I rubbed overnight and 4 chicken breasts that I injected with some garlic rosemary butter. The Bradley took a while to heat up and after putting the meats in took a couple of hours more to reach 220 degrees. But once there it stayed there. I started the smoke when the temp. hit 150 and continued for 3 1/2 hrs. Everything was pretty much done by then. FTC'd for about an hour. Color was beatiful, tastes beyond my belief. Oh, and of course slathered on my home-made chipolte/brown sugar BBQ sauce. The best part,aside from eating, was the learning process. After being saturated with all the great info and tips from everyone here, everything just went so smoooth. Everyone loved the food and I was 100% satisfied with the way all turned out. Now it's off to make myself 200% satisfied. Thanks for all the posts and help.
Mike
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

hillbillysmoker

Congrats on a successful smoke Mike.  It is always a thrill to see your plan come together.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

cingnut

That sauce sounds really nice....  Time to post up a recipe!!!

coyote

Success is oh so sweet HCT :) And BTW Cingnut's right....Time to post that recipe!

Habanero Smoker

Great to hear you got your smoker up and running. I thought I smelt some ribs cooking yesterday. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

HCT, good fun and food ahead.   ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

pigsisdelicious

Might have found the BBQ sacuce recipe, if not simliar:

This is a classic style barbecue sauce with the added smokey flavor of chipotles (smoked jalapenos). You can either purchase or make your own chipotles.
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup water
2 cans chipotle chiles (smoked jalapeno), chopped
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
PREPARATION:
Heat oil in a sauce pan. Add onions and garlic. Saute until soft. Stir in brown sugar, celery salt and black pepper. Add remaining ingredients and simmer until the sauce thickens.