Maverick thermometer's

Started by Thunder Fish, October 03, 2004, 05:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder Fish

Any one know of a place in Canada that would sell these units,I love gadgets and this one seems like a must.Maybe there web site?
Thanks

DEMAN

Do you have a preference between the 7 and the 73 Bighoof?
Here is the Maverick site:http://www.maverickhousewares.com/thermometers/remote_therm.htm
I am looking for the best place to buy online right now. Some places don't ship internationally.

-DEMAN

Set the tongs on the floor....and back away slowly...no one has to get hurt

DEMAN

<font face="Georgia"><font color="red"><font size="6">BUBBA...HELP</font id="size6"></font id="red">..</font id="Georgia">
I can't find anywhere that ships to Canada. sheesh..time for you to start stocking them [:D]
DEMAN

Oldman

The 73 is the one that crapped out on me within a couple of weeks....

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

nsxbill

Dow,

Did you s---can it, or do you still have your 73?  Always on the hunt for parts!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

bologna man

I am now in the process of trying to get my Maverick 73 to work and let me say the company is great, but I now have 3 complete units and one extra remote and none of them work the way they should. What happens is that after some time the remote unit(s) go blank except for 3 dashed lines after this happens I have to reset the 2 units. I even went as far as to put the remotes just 5 foot away from the sending unit the dashed lines still come I have even had all 4 remotes going at the same time all went off at different times. The only thing I can come up with is there is a radio station close and this may cause interference.
Rod

Rod

nsxbill

Three steps to Maverick magic:

Change the batteries in both units-the ones that come with it are almost dead.
Turn on the base unit first (The one with the probes).  The remote unit cannot recognize the sender unless it is turned on first.

Then turn on the receiver.

If then not working get replacement parts utilizing their warranty.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DEMAN</i>
<br /><font face="Georgia"><font color="red"><font size="6">BUBBA...HELP</font id="size6"></font id="red">..</font id="Georgia">
I can't find anywhere that ships to Canada. sheesh..time for you to start stocking them [:D]
DEMAN

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">As I did for one of our posters "across the pond", if you order some other stuff, I will order one from whomever you like & send it to you. It's gonna add a week or so to the process and you will wind up paying double shipping, but it will get you your thermo.

I can see not shiping to England, but Canada????????

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Dow,

Did you s---can it, or do you still have your 73? Always on the hunt for parts!

Bill<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It is around here somewhere unless the wife 86ed it. I will look this week end. You are welcome to it.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Thunder Fish

If the Maverick is out any one else suggest something similar ?[:)]

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Thunder Fish</i>
<br />If the Maverick is out any one else suggest something similar ?[:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thunder,
Up until last weekend, I was extremely happy with my purchase from Rodeo Shack.  I forget the brand, but it was $20CAD.  Unfortunately it calved out on me and Pi--ed me off good because I was having trouble smoking some sausage and the thermo breaking was the last straw so to speak.

Anyway, RS sells a single probe digital thermo, that I was really happy with for awhile, and you get it on the cheap.  If you go to //www.radioshack.ca and search for digital thermometer, it will show up with a few outside temp type thermos...there's only one cooking one.

Because I had trouble, I cant stamp with my [:D]WT[:D] happy stamp of approval, BUT its a good cheap alternative for now until you find the time, cash, or resources to get a Maverick.

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Thunder Fish

Thanks Whitetail,for that price I'll get 2.One for inside the smoker temp and one for the meat [:)] [:)] [:)]

DEMAN

Here it is:
http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=RadioShack&category=HomeAppliances&product=6311025

Looks like this:

DEMAN
(now where did I put my metric converter calculator??[:(])

Chez Bubba

I talked to a lurker tonight from remote Ontario, who hopefully will start sharing his knowledge with us. He relayed to me that the ?Candian Institute for the Blind? will deliver to your door cheaper than any retail outlet.

I'm not sure what models they offer, or the circumstances needed to order, but it's a possible source, eh?

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?