6 RACK DIGITAL PROBLEMS

Started by drdale, July 13, 2007, 11:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdale

I have two smokers, the older 4 rack model, and the new digital 6 rack model. 
I am very disappointed with the 6 rack model.  All the electronics are great and a big improvement, but they have the same heating element as the smaller one, and it is just not adequate to hold temperature.  I have never been able to get it up to even 200 degrees, even with very little venting. 

I am in Hawaii and it is out of the wind so that is not the issue. 

I basically have abandon using the 6 rack model and just use my older 4 rack model.

Bad design I guess.

NePaSmoKer

Check to see if your v-tray is not blocked in the vent slots, i opened mine up some with a screwdriver that solved my heating issue.

GL

nepas  ;D

brderj

Oh sweet lord, this is not what I want to hear.... ??? ???

standles

As shipped from the factory (ie no adjustments or redneck engineering) I am able to obtain temps at the max of the unit.   I regularly preheat to 260deg and then turn it down to 220 for cooking.   

Best bet is to call BRadley they will make it right or replace the defective part.

Steven

SKSmoker

I preheat mine at 320 for 2 hours and it is at that or even more when I am ready to put my food in. I cook at 250F all the time with the stock unit.
Lead by example

brderj

drdale and idea why this problem happened yet? 

Kamanodental

Aloha Dr Dale

Where are you in Hawaii? Did you get your smoker in Hawaii or the mainland.? I am on Big Is. and I cant find anyone who has the BS here. When I moved back home from the mainland, my smoker cabinet was crushed in shipping. I am looking for another. You know the shipping is a pain in the Okole....

Aloha Nui Loa
Malama Pono

Kamano