When you can't use your BS

Started by BigRed, October 06, 2004, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRed

Smoke lover!

There maybe an occassion where you just can't use your BS like on a fishing or camping trip. While I was moving some junk in the garage I found another case of smoking saw dust for my Cameron stove top or camping smoker. We use it for fish, expecially salmon, it can do two pieces in 20 minutes with a real great alder flavor. It will never replace the BS but it sure works in a pinch or where a BS can't go. Just thought I would let the smoking world know of a great alturnative when you can't use your BS

BigRED

nsxbill

BigRED

Can't agree more!  I have one of the Cameron Smokers too, and it really is a nice item.  

Some time, try this:  Line the bottom rack with lemon sliced thin, and a few slices on top garnished with fresh dill, S&P, and other spices you choose.....Delicious cooked with Alder.  

I've done trout, halibut and salmon.  No failures to please and it works like a charm!  

I have a stainless tailgater bbq grill, like a suitcase, that has base that plugs into the trailer hitch.   Talk about roughing it in the boonies or while on the road!  Easy clean up too..

The Cameron Smoker is Stainless and cleans up in a flash.  The lemon slices on the bottom keep the fish from sticking.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

BigRed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />BigRED

Can't agree more!  I have one of the Cameron Smokers too, and it really is a nice item.  

Some time, try this:  Line the bottom rack with lemon sliced thin, and a few slices on top garnished with fresh dill, S&P, and other spices you choose.....Delicious cooked with Alder.  

I've done trout, halibut and salmon.  No failures to please and it works like a charm!  

Bill-

That is kind of wild living in the same town named after the stove top smoker. I am going to try your idea tonight. It is raining and am not in a mood to crank up the BS for just two small pieces of Salmon. Will try your idea with the lemon slices in the Camerson smoker. I have tried chicken but it needs to be finished either on the grill or under the broiler. I would prefer the BS for chicken. Take care and thanks for the hint.

I have a stainless tailgater bbq grill, like a suitcase, that has base that plugs into the trailer hitch.   Talk about roughing it in the boonies or while on the road!  Easy clean up too..

The Cameron Smoker is Stainless and cleans up in a flash.  The lemon slices on the bottom keep the fish from sticking.

Bill
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

BigRED

BigRed

Bill- (Sorry I screwed up in trying to put my reply with a quote)

That is kind of wild living in the same town named after the stove top smoker. I am going to try your idea tonight. It is raining and am not in a mood to crank up the BS for just two small pieces of Salmon. Will try your idea with the lemon slices in the Camerson smoker. I have tried chicken but it needs to be finished either on the grill or under the broiler. I would prefer the BS for chicken. Take care and thanks for the hint.

BigRED