New Bradley owner...

Started by brderj, July 17, 2007, 01:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brderj

Just made the payment....New 6 rack digital Bradley, the cover, and the sample pack of pucks.  I will also get the therm. and bubba pucks today.  Thanks for all the info and help throughout this whole process.  When I get home and get it seasoned I will post pics, comments, etc. etc.  Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it.

Also for all the pictures and emails....everyone here has been amazingly helpful.  Thank you is not even close enough. 

manxman

Good to hear that you have got  it ordered, sure you won't be disappointed.

Have fun................  ;)

What are you planning on doing first?
Manxman

brderj

I love pulled pork, so naturally the first thing is going to be a butt.  I already have plans for my family to come down and see my new place...I have a friend coming in from Hawaii to visit...and I will see my daughter for the first time since I have deployed...lots of pulled pork my friend.  My daughter loves my bbq, always tells me so.  She is 5 and loves everything I do, she's great for my ego.   ;D  Cold brew, good friends, family...royalty (my little princess) and good food.  Your more than welcome to stop by if your in the area  ;D

I am also looking forward to smoking cheese, and chuck roll....salmon...I will be getting my money worth out of this smoker, you can bet that. 

KyNola

Sounds like a great time and well deserved.  Enjoy that new 6 rack, I really like my 4 rack!  From all your friends on the forum, give that daughter lots of hugs for us and thank you for all you do for the rest of us.

KyNola   :)

manxman

I can vouch for the pulled pork from the BS, wonderful! (and this from a pulled pork "virgin", not something you hear of very often on this side of the pond)

QuoteI will see my daughter for the first time since I have deployed

You all have a great time, you have certainly earned it. Bet your little princess will be spoilt rotten!  ;)

QuoteYour more than welcome to stop by if your in the area

Shame there is a big pond in the way, would love too!!  ;) :D

Manxman

brderj

Pond is nothing more than a logistical issue, we can fix that.   ;D

Thanks guys.

sherlock

;D Well i did it

Just bought a 4 rack digital unit, thermometer, aluminum pucks, and three kinds of biscuits.

Should have in 5 or 6 days. I have never smoked anything before other then the tires on my Hemi. I can't wait to get started.

Wish me luck.

:).

standles

Muwahahaaaaaaa  2 more succumb to the smoke of the dark side  ;D

Steven

iceman

Another hook, line , and sinker Bradley story. Welcome to the dark side. :D
Your in for a treat. Enjoy and keep us posted.

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Quote from: sherlock on July 17, 2007, 12:56:03 PM
;D Well i did it
I have never smoked anything before other then the tires on my Hemi. I can't wait to get started.

I think tire smoke is an appropriate beginning.  But than any beginning is a good one. ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

KyNola

Sherlock!!
You are my kind of guy!  I did exactly the same thing. 4 rack digital, cover, 288 different pucks, Maverick ET73 thermometer and 3 bubba pucks.  Only cooked on it twice in 24 hours since I received it, worth every cent!  Not only is the food great but somehow it seems to make the beer colder and taste better when you are forced to sit and make sure it works fine.  Assuming you are married, make sure your spouse understands you have to watch the Bradley every minute lest it bursts into flames(as long as there is adequate hydration supplies for the watcher of the Bradley)  Have a great time, well worth it!

KyNola :D

begolf25

Nice to have two more aboard. You guys will not be disappointed.  Looking forward to the results from your first smokes!

Bryan

brderj

So its official.  My smoker was delievered today.  I am now a card carrying member of the club.   ;D

iceman

Don't leave home without it! :D :D :D
Quote from: brderj on July 24, 2007, 11:31:22 AM
So its official.  My smoker was delievered today.  I am now a card carrying member of the club.   ;D