Newbie on board!

Started by pf20, July 17, 2007, 08:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: Consiglieri on July 21, 2007, 07:45:38 PM
Quote from: pf20 on July 21, 2007, 05:35:32 PM
OH........MY.........GOD......!

Good, I take it? Reaction from the finished product, the FTC results, or a combination of both?

Obviously, after Filling The Cup with a favorite adult beverage, he was Following The Chicks.

Not sure how else you could explain it...   :D :D :D

Mr Walleye

Yup! I think you hit the nail on the head Arcs!

I know the first time I did pork butt that was the first thing that came out of my mouth!  ;D
That of course was after I gorged myself!  ::)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pf20

OH.....MY.....GOD!!!!!
                           The popular phrase of the night!                                         

Sorry for the delay on the reply. It was a very long night and a long recovery today.
The first butt(the one on the bottom) was done around 3pm. Turns out it was reading done early because of the placement of the meat probe. At noon i checked it, moved the probe and the temp went down again. Second one was done at around 5pm. I FTC'd them both for close to 4hrs. I can't believe how hot it stays even after that length of time! They just fell apart so nicely and disappeared before my eyes. Everyone freaked out over how tasty it was. By far the best pork ive ever had, and also for alot of the people there too so i heard. I can't thank all of you enough for all of your help and information. You guys really helped in making my first smoke a very positive one. Thank you!!!! I'll have my wife help me get the photos on my next post.  Kenny

Arcs_n_Sparks

pf20,

Glad everything went well and you reached hero status. Looking forward to the pics.....

Arcs_n_Sparks

pf20

could someone please walk me through inserting photo's when i hit insert image all i get is this .

Tiny Tim

Quote from: pf20 on July 23, 2007, 09:03:11 AM
could someone please walk me through inserting photo's when i hit insert image all i get is this .

Okay, first I'm assuming you have the image hosted at a hosting site suce as Photopoint, shutterfly, or something like that.  If you don't, open an account and get them uploaded to that site.  Once that is done, after you get the tags [ img ] & [ /img ] (without the spaces), type or paste your pic's url where I have the "&" sign (again, without the spaces).  Voila, the picture should show up when you view the post.

pf20

Thanks for the info tim. For some reason its still not posting the pic. They may be to large. Could you or anyone tell me what the size/kbytes limitations are on this forum? Thanks for your help

Mr Walleye

Reduce them to 800 X 600 should do it.

Mike

pf20

Finally !!! Thanks Mike! So these are the two butts ready for the smoker after around 14hrs marinading/curing in the fridge. Along with the rub(recipe to follow)i also put on some honey mustard.

This is the second butt which came out around 5pm.I was so excited over the first butt ;) that i forgot to take a picture when i took it out.

Final resting place of the second butt, you can see how everyone just hated the first one.

The recipe i used was one that i found on the net before i found this forum. Says its from Chris Lilly of Big Bob Gibsons:
1/4 c dark brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar( i used turbinado )
1/2 c paprika
1/3 c garlic salt
1/3 c kosher salt
1 tbl chili powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cayene pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp blk pepper

Injection that goes with the recipe:
3/4 c apple juice
1/2 c water
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c salt
2 tbl worcestershire
I boiled it all together and let it cool before injecting

Thanks again for everyones input. You all really helped me make this a sucessful first smoke. Kenny

Mr Walleye

Looks fantastic there Kenny! Great pictures too!  ;)

Congratulations on the success!

Mike

pf20

Gizmo

PF20,
You didn't mention what hosting service you were using for the pics.  If using photobucket, there is an option you can click on so by default, all your picture will be sized for optimum web posting.  Other sites may have that as well.  Saves some time and most importantly, forgetting to set the size.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

pf20

Thanks Gizmo,
Im using Shutterfly. I'll go back to the site and see if they have that option. Boy would that save time! Thanks    Ken

pf20

Gizmo,
Just checked the site and wasn't able to locate that info. I sent an email to their customer service so i'm sure ill find out shortly. Thanks,  Ken