No Stick Spray

Started by mikemaupin, July 20, 2007, 07:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikemaupin

Has anyone tried the High Temp Spray by Pam? Dose it work or shall dose it help in clean up of the racks. If no do Yal"ll have any advice about what dose. I am pretty sure That I will never see the BS like it is now, after the first smoke session?  Cant wait to try this machine out< Mike
Ps, fellows please excuse my typos, after 4 surgerys on my eyes I make a lot of them, I try to de-bug the post but I still miss some

Mr Walleye

There are a few guys using the high temp Pam but I have never used it yet. I usually use regular pPam or just veg oil spray for the racks. They clean fine. I just soak them for 1/2 hour to 1 hour and they scrub of fairly easy. I don't us anything on the V-pan and it usually comes clean after a soak as well.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

mikemaupin

Thanks agian Mike, I apologise for all the questions and I am sure you guys are tired of answereind them, maybe in the future I will be able to contribute something, Mike M.

Mr Walleye

That's what the forum is all about Mike. Everybody wins when people share infomation. There's not a day goes by that I don't pick up something new from this forum. That's what makes it so great. Knowledge is a wonderful thing, but it's alot better when it's shared. You'll be an old pro in no time. I've only been smokin' for about a year now so I'm still a newbie too!  ;D

Mike

Gizmo

Mr Walleye is right Mike.  Keep the questions coming.  Teachers are learners as well.  Don't worry about the typos.  I can't spell anymore anyway and this site doesn't come with spell checking. :-[ 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

I have used high temperature Pam, and regular nonstick spray. I could not tell any significant difference. Since you are smoking/cooking at lower temperatures, regular nonstick spray will work fine. The high temperature spray is for surfaces that get around 500°F, and stay close to that temperature while grilling.

There may be some benefit, by spraying it on the "V" shelf, I haven't tried that.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

hillbillysmoker

Hi Mike.  I like peel ease myself.  Comes in 16oz or 1 gallon sizes.  Consider also that you get much more than this because it dilutes with water before putting it in the spray bottle.  I use it on the grill and smoker and my wife uses it in the kitchen for any application where pam would be useful.  Here is a link if you are interested.

http://www.sausagemaker.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=peel+ease
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

mikemaupin

Quote from: hillbillysmoker on July 23, 2007, 05:37:18 PM
Hi Mike.  I like peel ease myself.  Comes in 16oz or 1 gallon sizes.  Consider also that you get much more than this because it dilutes with water before putting it in the spray bottle.  I use it on the grill and smoker and my wife uses it in the kitchen for any application where pam would be useful.  Here is a link if you are interested.

http://www.sausagemaker.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=peel+ease

This stuff sounds interesting, I spent about an hour yesterday cleaning the bs and it still looks good but I bet this stuff would cut that hour down some, thanks for the tip, Mike M

Gizmo

Hey Mike,
Don't wash off the character.  I mean seasoning. ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Artmiester

Sent for some Peel Ease to try it. Wasn't too happy with the shipping charges, but boy does this stuff work great! Sprayed everything, trays, v-tray, probes, chille grill, armpits, everything. When it was time for cleanup I tossed everything in a plastic tub full of a hot, strong solution of Palmolive Power Scrub and a dishwasher tab for good measure. Two days later, took the lid off the tub and as I pulled each piece out they just rinsed off perfectly clean. NO SCRUBBING!! This is after a full load and a 14 hour smoke/cook! I've conquered the only drawback to smoking I've
ever had, CLEANUP. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 
The Artmiester

"BBQs not the only pleasure in this world but it's way ahead of whatever's in second place."

NePaSmoKer

Good stuff that PEEL EASE  ;D

nepas

Kane

Im using the Pam high temp. I forgot to spray the racks down on my last smoke and could definately tell during clean up.

La Quinta

I usually use just a canola spray...nothing sticks...no imparted flavor...and clean up is the dishwasher for the bowl, the V pan and the racks. I only wash the racks I use...the others (if there are any) just get seasoned.

Payson

I use a product called PBW (Powdered Brewery Wash), it literally soaks everything off with absolutely no elbow grease involved. You can find it at any homebrew shop. Great stuff!

iceman