Circulation fan

Started by Smokey Joe, December 10, 2006, 09:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

Habs

I do find there is a little more heat at the rear of the cabinet. On a long smoke I will rotate racks front to back only once. When I'm doing jerky, because I usually do a big load, it takes a little while to get the cabinet temp back up when I first load it. So the heating element doesn't shut off till about the same time my smoke is completed (1 hr 20 min). I then do 1 rotation, front to back, top to bottom. Once I've done this I never have to rotate the rest of the time.

I would think if you are going to have the fan blowing towards the door you would want the collar to be a complete circle in order to do 2 things, not blow on the product on the lowest tray and not provide any air movement below the V-pan. The other thing is you will want to space the collar away from the back of the cabinet to allow intake air for the fan.

If you do it this way I would be very interested in your results.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the ideas. I'm going to install it CW, for now, I only use all for trays when I'm cooking chicken part, sausage and salmon, Most of the time I don't use the bottom rack.

Later on, I'm going to purchase a small piece of sheet metal and see what I can come up with.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)