Number of Bisquits

Started by smokergirl, August 07, 2007, 07:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokergirl

Hi there all!
i am a green smoker from lower mainland BC, Canada. Just upgraded from my origional BS to the digital.
using for 1st time today (am seasoning this am)  I am doing Atlantic Salmon- Like the hot smoke best so far. Looking for tips on puck insertion and a good heat/vent ratio. Thanks a bunch for any suggests or fave recipes.
Smoke em if you got em
Smokergirl

oguard

I would try Kummoks recipe and I think you will be impressed.You can find his recipe at the bradley recipe website that Olds runs.Actually the recipe is the topic athe top of this page.I prefer alder for the smoke and I would smoke for 2 hours.

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Gizmo

Welcome back Smokergirl.  Been a while.
Smoking with the digital is the same as the original as far as vent and heat.  I usually use a minimum of 1/4 open.  I just check to make sure no smoke is backing up into the generator.  I you are smoking chicken or jerky and moisture needs to be expelled, you will want the vent open farther.
Kummok's salmon recipe is definately a must if you have not tried it already.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Lefty_Smoker

I think you'll find most people will reccomend either alder or apple wood when smoking salmon/fish.  I usually use  2 2/3 hours (8 pucks) of apple with my salmon, but have also gotten good results with the alder also.  Truthfully, I couldn't tell much of a difference between the two different end products.  I guess all those spicy foods over the years have finally taken a toll on my taste buds.  ::)

Kummock's recipe is a must, and so easy.  I think you would have to try really, really, really, hard to mess it up. 

3rensho

With salmon I too use 8 pucks worth, usually alder.  Must say though that I have stopped hot smoking salmon (it is very good) and now cold smoke it exclusively.  Just a matter of preference.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Habanero Smoker

Maple is also a good wood to use. I generally use about 2 hours of smoke.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)