freezing pork ribs

Started by mics, July 31, 2007, 07:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mics

question for you guys,did up pork ribs and vacuumed packed them,then into the freezer they went.question is,how long are they good for in the freezer. thanks mic
fishin and cookin,must be gettin ready to retire.gamefishin.

Wildcat

Unknown.  The longest I have had something vac sealed and frozen before eating was about a year and a half.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

If the ribs are vacuum sealed, i'd say you'd be ok for up to 12 months, if they're not vacuumed i'd say 3 months max  ;)

I never have this problem, whenever i do ribs they don't stay around long enough to get frozen!

............LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

manxman

QuoteIf the ribs are vacuum sealed, i'd say you'd be ok for up to 12 months, if they're not vacuumed i'd say 3 months max

Yes, I agree but as LS says, they never tend to hang around that long in any case!  ;)
Manxman

3rensho

I've kept them up to 6 months when vacuum packed and they were fine.  Usually though they last no longer than 3 months in the freezer before I need a rib fix.  ;D ;D

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

mics

thanks everyone.i kinda was thinkin along those lines but wasnt sure.
fishin and cookin,must be gettin ready to retire.gamefishin.

iceman

I'm kind of like L.S. I tried on numerous occasions to freeze ribs but they never made it there. I even went to the trouble of buying an extra 6 racks and next thing I new the dang house was full of people!!! :D ;) Oh well. ::) ;D