Past Weekend Smoke - Brisket and Butts

Started by begolf25, July 31, 2007, 07:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

begolf25

Looks like Brisket and Pulled Pork were the popular items on the menu this past weekend. Not sure if any of you are into fantasy football but we have our draft coming up on the 11th and it is a pretty big deal for those of us involved. We make it an all day and night event. Should be a great time, my brothers are coming into town and will meet their nephew for the first time.  I just put new horseshoe pits in the backyard and the beer will be cold.  Anyway, I have to provide the main course and back by popular demand Brisket and pulled pork.

8lb flat ready for some seasoning.

Salt, pepper and minced garlic

Two butts, about 15lbs total

and the finished products..

Vacuum sealed all of it and into the freezer until next week!

Consiglieri

Looks like a project to be proud of.  Fun to find time to smoke now, isn't it ;)

Baby NEEDS to be smelling hickory and apple honey, it calms him down... (and in my house) the pulled pork is a great source of extra energy to help with feedings...

Just kidding, of course.  :D  Particularly if my beautiful, lovely wife installed one of those internet monitoring programs on our computer.   :-\  Just can't ditch the smart @ss tendencies.  One of these days I'll learn.
Consiglieri

LilSmoker

That looks really delicious!, i could definately handle some of that!
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

hillbillysmoker

Great looking smoking adventure.  I had to fully engage automatic drool control to avoid keyboard damage.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!