Jerky Drying Screen

Started by Habanero Smoker, August 12, 2007, 02:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

I was just got off the Bradley site, and noticed that they are now selling Jerky Drying Screen that are custom fitted for the Bradley racks. A little expensive but may save a lot of clean up time when making jerky or hot smoked salmon. They also may be useful for smoking almonds and other larger size nuts. You get 4 screens for $21.95 USD, and can only purchase them through their website. I sent them an e-mail to get a quote on shipping, since it would not calculate it on line.

http://bradleysmoker.eseecommerce.com/detail.php?pid=44&pageno=&maxPage=&maxRow=&category_id=5&parent_id=

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

HCT

I love the warning at the bottom of the page. :D :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

smokin stu

How come California knows about these health threats and no one else does?  Or is there something in the California water that interacts with this stuff to cause birth defects and cancer?

Okay California, share. :D :D

Mr Walleye

Habs

I've been using them for a while now, mainly for jerky and they work very well. They seem to clean up fairly good as well. I just soak them and give them a scrub with a brush and they are good to go. I bought 2 packages of them because I usually use 8 racks, 4 inverted, for jerky.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

HCT;
Yeah! The warning label is a little strongly stated; but lately I've been seeing similar warning labels on silicon products for kitchen use. I'm hoping the danger if only when they come into direct contact with a flame, and come to a point they begin to melt and give off gases.

Mike;
Thanks for the information. Bradley still hasn't gotten back to me on the shipping. I'll try to give them a call today.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

3rensho

Having lived many years in Calif. you get used to such warning labels. :o  They seem to be more litigious than most and the lawyers just wanted a CYA statement.  It does make one wonder though if you should wear a Tyvec suit when making jerky.  I wonder how many carcinogens are to be found in grilled and/or smoked meats??  Ain't gonna slow me up none.  ;D ;D

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

NePaSmoKer

I use different screens made by Luhr Jensen. They fit my Bradley racks great after i trim 1.5" from the length.

On my racks under the fattys.

nepas

iceman

Product Warning!!
The Bradley smoker under certain conditions may pose a health hazard in rare cases.
It has been reported that this item may cause drooling, hunger pains and intentional lack of desire to perform yard work. In extreme cases it has caused weight gain, smoke breath, beer breath, dazed looks and laziness. It has been reported that divorce could be imminent unless used on a regular basis. This is a warning only. Continue to use at your own risk (and enjoyment)!
:D :D ;D ;)

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: iceman on August 16, 2007, 08:56:29 AM
Product Warning!!
The Bradley smoker under certain conditions may pose a health hazard in rare cases.
It has been reported that this item may cause drooling, hunger pains and intentional lack of desire to perform yard work. In extreme cases it has caused weight gain, smoke breath, beer breath, dazed looks and laziness. It has been reported that divorce could be imminent unless used on a regular basis. This is a warning only. Continue to use at your own risk (and enjoyment)!
:D :D ;D ;)

So thats why my property looks like a jungle

"DOH"

nepas

Gizmo

Nice one Ice.  Would'nt surprise me to see that on Bradley's splash page some day. ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

oguard

We have got an on going joke at work about those warnings.We figure if you are using the products in California you may get cancer but in Canada with some precautions we will be fine.For intance when using the Bradley smoker always make sure you keep the smoker away from everyone and have beer in your hand at all times.Make sure you are not distracted by yard work,wife or kids as procedures maybe dangerous and command your full attention. ;D ;D ;D.

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.