Beef Jerky

Started by smokergirl, August 24, 2007, 01:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

Hey Dave

You want it too look like this, except replace the round brackets "( )" with the square ones "[ ]". The rest of the line is the location of your photo on the web.

(IMG)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/mmike/Fishing%20Photos/IMGP0297-1.jpg(/IMG)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Dashdriver

Hey Mike...

I'll will give it a try... Been stupid busy. Have had no time to breath last few days!

I'll see if it will work for me tomorrow.. Thanks man!

Dave

Dashdriver

Hey smokergirl.... Haven't heard whether you finished up any beef jerky yet or not???

How'd it go?

Dashdriver

Sorry everyone... Here I go again..

See if this pic works?

Dashdriver

This is getting pretty stupid now !

Dashdriver

GOT IT !!!!!!

Thanks Mike !!!!!!

Dave

Mr Walleye

Atta Boy Dave !  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

smokergirl

Hi there dashdriver-
So far I have only done the one batch of Jerky- My shoe leather jerky post explains.
Hopefully I will do another batch this weekend- trying a few of the forum tricks and suggestions.

Will post results even the disasterous ones.
are you a jerky doer?  Got any insight on the matter?
I am greener that a four leaf clover and am grateful for all the help I can get.

Smokergirl (Sheri)

Tiny Tim

I'm planning on picking up some meat tonight to Jerkify on Saturday.  Going to use Hi Mountain Original on half, and Hi Mountain Bourbon BBQ on the other half.  2 hours of whatever the wood I have that's open (I think Hickory), and let it go for about 3 hours total at 200ish degrees, as I like mine a bit on the tender side.  My last batch I let go for 4 hours, and it got a little bit drier than I like, but that didn't stop me from consuming it all (finishing today...2 weeks for 2 pounds).

Dashdriver

Hi Sheri,

Nope. Have not tried jerky yet.. 5 weeks brand new to the whole thing. So far I did, smoke turkey breast. Turned out perfect.
2 different batches of smoked salmon, again was amazing!
Totally screwed a batch of cheap fish... ???
and some smoked pork... was so so...
On Saturday I want to try some smoked trout..

I really want to do some jerky (never have done before), but, I am waiting for some good news from you LOL.

I have a buddy that does jerky all the time, I'm going to hopefully get a chance to try his recipe this weekend if I can find the time! If it works out well, I'll definetly let you know!

Good luck!!!!  ;)

Dave