New DigiQ II, Digital Competitor by BBQ Guru

Started by Mr Walleye, August 30, 2007, 12:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

I know there was a discussion about this a while ago. Anybody heard anything lately? I had a look through their web site but I don't see any updated information yet.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

I haven't heard anything further. I joined their forum, because I wanted to ask if it could be set lower then 110°F; but for some reason I can't seem to post. The current Competitor will only monitor to a low of 110°F.

I like the compact size, and separate connections for the pit (cabinet, fan), and the meat. The analog model had them spliced into one connector.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

Habs

That's one of the same questions I have. I fell that is a must if I was to consider it. It appears they are offering them for sale now but still not that much info around on them.

Mike

NePaSmoKer

I would like to know also.

I still love my Guru/Raptor

nepas

Habanero Smoker

Hi Mike;

So how I missed your post. I going to the site now to see if there is any more information.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Mr Walleye

Over on the BBQ Guru forum on the link listed below Bob Trudnak is indicating this new unit can be used with the Power Raptor and specifically mentions the Bradley. At the tale end of the thread he also indicates the temperature range is 32 F to 475 F.

http://www.thebbqguruforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=363

Starting to sound pretty impresive!

Mike

Mr Walleye

It looks Like they are trying to have them available for shipping by Sept 8th.

http://www.thebbqguruforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=374

Mike

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Mr Walleye on September 05, 2007, 07:50:02 AM
Over on the BBQ Guru forum on the link listed below Bob Trudnak is indicating this new unit can be used with the Power Raptor and specifically mentions the Bradley. At the tale end of the thread he also indicates the temperature range is 32 F to 475 F.

http://www.thebbqguruforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=363

Starting to sound pretty impresive!

Mike

Yeah! I was just getting ready to post that. I'm Versa :)

I had to join with a different e-mail and user name, in order to post.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Mr Walleye

Thanks Versa.... I mean Habs!  ;)

I would really be interested in the performance of this unit with the Bradley. I thought I read somewhere they felt it would be +/- 2 degrees. I also see the probes are rated to 700 degrees.

I think I want one!  ::)

I just hope it's not like when I tried to order the Reveo.... or the Cabela's Commercial Dehydrator....  >:(

Mike

Habanero Smoker

I'm getting ready to call him also, just can't make up my mind on what color to get. ;D

But seriously I think I'm going to call, maybe on Friday. I wanted to wait, but I'm concerned if I wait too long, he will be several weeks back up on production to fill his orders. Also I haven't seen any discounts for those who already have the Competitor.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Mr Walleye

Get the pink one Habs!  ::)

I agree... I think there will a pretty good demand on them so ordering early would help. I would like to here some real world reports on them but then you would probably be waiting a while.

Mike

Consiglieri

Mike: are you considering this equipment as a replacement for that fine PID you built?
Consiglieri

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Consiglieri on September 05, 2007, 03:46:04 PM
Mike: are you considering this equipment as a replacement for that fine PID you built?

I'm definitely considering it. I like some of the options this would give me such as the ramp feature. I haven't really made up my mind yet but I'm leaning that way.

Mike

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Mr Walleye on September 05, 2007, 03:07:30 PM
Get the pink one Habs!  ::)

I agree... I think there will a pretty good demand on them so ordering early would help. I would like to here some real world reports on them but then you would probably be waiting a while.

Mike
Keep monitoring the forum. I read one post in which one person will be posting his results, with pictures. I believe s/he stated they would post this information this weekend.

By the way, I was leaning towards the pink.  :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 06, 2007, 02:31:48 AM
By the way, I was leaning towards the pink. 

You certianly won't lose it if you go with pink!  :o

Mike