Anyone Home?

Started by dennbq, October 26, 2004, 06:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dennbq

I've been trying to reach Chez Bubba by phone and email with no success.  I've left voice mail messages and an email.  Does anyone know if they are on vacation?  The lack of response seems to be out of character from what I've been reading in the forum.

I'm hot to trot to get a Bradley, but would like some questions answered.

BigSmoker

dennbq,
All I've ever done is place my order on-line.  I used paypal to pay.  Kirk sent info about shipping, etc.  I received my product(s) in a timely manner.  If you have questions about the smoker itself let us know.  This is a very helpful, educated(in smokin' anyway) forum.
Congrats on your decision.  Your getting a great smoker.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

dennbq

Jeff,
Thanks for responding.  While waiting for a response I browsed the forum a bit and found some discussion on one of my concerns - weather.  Several BBQrs said cold weather isn't much of a problem, but wind seems to be.  We get strong winds all the time - even in the summer and definitely in the winter.  Will this be a problem.  I don't really have any options for shielding the unit from the wind.

Also, regarding clean up.  Is there some kind of removable grease tray in the bottom of the smoker?  If not, is that a problem with meat dripping grease all over the place?

Finally, I see where Cez gives a 10% discount on future orders of bisquettes.  I wanted to ask them if they give that discount if you order additional bisquettes with the initial order of the smoker.

BigSmoker

While waiting for a response I browsed the forum a bit and found some discussion on one of my concerns - weather.  Several BBQrs said cold weather isn't much of a problem, but wind seems to be.  We get strong winds all the time - even in the summer and definitely in the winter.  Will this be a problem.  I don't really have any options for shielding the unit from the wind.

I will have to defer somewhat on this one.  I don't get a lot of wind and haven't had this problem.  I usually keep my top damper only about 1/4 to 1/3 cracked(unless I'm cold smokin').  I wouldn't think to much wind could get inside the unit this way but maybe it does.

Is there some kind of removable grease tray in the bottom of the smoker?  If not, is that a problem with meat dripping grease all over the place?

There is a "V" drip tray, a puck/grease waste bowl and a overflow pan all in the bottom of the smoker.  All three are removable.  Me personally I just dump out the bowl and rinse.  I clean the V pan of big stuff and into the dishwasher it goes with the racks.  I usually just wash this stuff by itself.  Then I take a paper towel wet with hot water and wipe of the door seals and their contact spots.  

I see where Chez gives a 10% discount on future orders of bisquettes.  I wanted to ask them if they give that discount if you order additional bisquettes with the initial order of the smoker.

I'm sure Chez will do whatevers fair[:D]

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

BigRed

Quote<i>Originally posted by dennbq</i>
<br />Jeff,
Thanks for responding.  While waiting for a response I browsed the forum a bit and found some discussion on one of my concerns - weather.  Several BBQrs said cold weather isn't much of a problem, but wind seems to be.  We get strong winds all the time - even in the summer and definitely in the winter.  Will this be a problem.  I don't really have any options for shielding the unit from the wind.

Also, regarding clean up.  Is there some kind of removable grease tray in the bottom of the smoker?  If not, is that a problem with meat dripping grease all over the place?

Finally, I see where Cez gives a 10% discount on future orders of bisquettes.  I wanted to ask them if they give that discount if you order additional bisquettes with the initial order of the smoker.

Do you have access to a garage? In the winter I just open the garage door this gives some buffer to the wind. I have a friend who sets a peice of 4 x 8 ply wood in front of his. Have not had that much of a problem. Now in the winter it is best to pre-heat your BS to about 225 degrees put your meat in and never open the door. You should get betweeon 205 and 215 cooking temp. in the BS box. Also I would advise getting a Maverick 73 digital thermometer. It has dual probes, one goes in the meat and the other in the smoke box.  The most important one is the one in the meat. It may take longer in the winter but go by the meat temp. for what ever your smoking/cooking. Hope that helps.

BigRed

BigRED

Chez Bubba

Dennis,

Nice to chat with you & thanks again for the order. This new dam cell phone from Verizon![:(!]

I can have it in my pocket & it will never ring. Five minutes later, it beeps that I have a voicemail or missed call. Also, it seems to not like the interior of my house as it disconnects after about a minute. Never had problems with the old Verizon phone.

Guess I know what I'm doing for lunch tomorrow![:(!]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

jaeger

Smoking your phone???[:D]