Rump Roast...

Started by Thevenin, October 27, 2004, 06:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thevenin

Thanks for the tips.  

I really like the overnight idea from BigRed.  According to legend the Raptor should ship this Friday so that'd make me more comfortable on an overnight.

Brisket hunt is this week's adventure.  And I already have a cooler, towel and foil ready for next time.  How long can it sit in there before serving?

On the up side I made my Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce (from the greenbrier school) and it was very good.  So wasn't a total waste.  Besides it was edible, just not good enough for what I'm looking for, I wouldn't serve to guests.

Thev.

Smalls

It could sit for 6-8 hours or more if wrapped properly.  I wrap in plastic wrap, foil, then double wrap in towels.

BigRed

Quote<i>Originally posted by Thevenin</i>
<br />Thanks for the tips.  

I really like the overnight idea from BigRed.  According to legend the Raptor should ship this Friday so that'd make me more comfortable on an overnight.

Brisket hunt is this week's adventure.  And I already have a cooler, towel and foil ready for next time.  How long can it sit in there before serving?

On the up side I made my Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce (from the greenbrier school) and it was very good.  So wasn't a total waste.  Besides it was edible, just not good enough for what I'm looking for, I wouldn't serve to guests.

Thev.
Just to give you and example. I did a brisket and a Pork Butt in the BS overnight. Took it from the smoker at 1:00 PM,wrapped both cuts of meat in Scran wrap, then wrapped in foil, then wrapped in towels put into cooler and took it to my son's house. My wife could not do pulled pork from the Butt by hand because it was too hot to handle.Same with the brisket. This was 7:00 PM that evening. It was very good an tender.that was a 14 hr smoke/cook. you . Many of the folks on this form say meat should stay wrapped at least 1 to 2 hrs. Hope that give you some idea!!Gotta go!

BigRED