Newbie with an Original - an intro

Started by aces-n-eights, October 04, 2007, 01:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aces-n-eights

Hi all, i just picked up an Original Bradley Smoker that i found on sale at the corner hardware store.  Can't wait to get it seasoned and ready to go!  I've got a couple of salmon fillets and a tri-tip roast that will be my first experiments.

My wife and i are both Army retirees and have recently moved to Soldotna Alaska.  We're looking forward to running a LOT of salmon thru this neat little smoker!

Great site you've got here - i already have more ideas for recipes than i'll be able to try, but what fun dreaming about all the smoked foods!  ;D  I hope i can start to contribute more as i experiment with my new OBS.
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

NePaSmoKer

Welcome aces-n-eights

You will love your new smoker. Alot of us started with the Original.

nepas

manxman

Welcome to the forum, look forward to your contributions.  :)
Manxman

iceman

Welcome fellow Alaskan smoker. I live up in Knik just out of Wasilla. Your in for some fun around here. Glad you stopped in to join us.  :) Pat

Duster

welcome aces, I haven't tryed salmon yet but then again where i'm from there aint much in the line of fresh salmon around. I was told chicken is the easyest thing to start with however I started (not long ago) with a nice butt roast. I couldn't waite to pull an allnighter by the smoker and let me tell you it was worth it. any way what ever you fix don't forget the importance of a good brine and an even better rub.

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Ontrack

Welcome aces, enjoy the forum! Tons of great info here, got a question, all you have to do is ask.

aces-n-eights

Thanks for the welcome, guys!  The smoker is seasoning right now and i have three bags of salmon strips in three different brines in the refer waiting for tomorrow.

We have two tri-tips and my wife is going to try slicing "hers" for jerky and i'll just use a dry rub and hickory smoke on "mine".

Ha - this is going to be fun!  ;)
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska

hillbillysmoker

Welcome to the forum. There are lots of friendly folks here who are always willing to share and love to hear about smoking adventures.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

LilSmoker

Hi and welcome aces-n-eights, you'll have a lot of fun with the Bradley, and this place too  ;)

Be sure to check out this place, for the greatest tried and tested recipes:

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

begolf25

Welcome Aces! You have probably already seen this but be sure to check this thread out by Kummok.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=107.0

aces-n-eights

Hey, LilSmoker and begolf25 - great references - thanks!  So many recipes, so little time!  :o
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska

KyNola

Welcome Aces!  The veterans of the Bradley on this forum are great at helping out and answering any questions you may have.  They have already helped me a bunch and I'm sure they will be more than happy to assist you.  There are no stupid question that you could ask as I have already asked them all.

Happy Smokin' and let us know how your endeavors turn out!

KyNola

Artmiester

Welcome aboard, Aces!
Lots of great people here with an even greater wealth of knowledge about this craft. Enjoy your OBS and let's see some pix of your first projects! ;D ;D ;D
The Artmiester

"BBQs not the only pleasure in this world but it's way ahead of whatever's in second place."

La Quinta