Discontinued bisquettes

Started by Smalls, October 29, 2004, 04:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smalls

I recently ordered a 120 pk of hickory bisquettes online.  After playing phone tag with the shipper I was informed that Bradley no longer makes the hickory in a 120 pack.  I contacted Bradley who confirmed this.  Just some info to help others avoid ordering them, paying for them, then finding out that you can't get them.
Bill

nsxbill

Well, maybe I should hang on to what I have....you know collector items! :-)  

Interesting.  I wonder why?  Maybe just not a big seller for them.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

whitetailfan

Smalls,
Did it sound like just Hickory was getting cut, or more like Bradley is discontinuing the 120 altogether?  The latter would suck, because it is a better price most times.  My local guy doesn't stock a 120, but he cut me a deal last time on 3x48's to make up for it.

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Chez Bubba

Smalls,

Just curious, who did you order from?

To all:

We have been informed just tonight by Bradley they will not be shipping any 120-packs until January 2005 due to their move to their new facility. Equipment shutdowns will result in the lack of ability to provide them. From what they've told us, 120-packs are not discontinued.

Exactly how they can maintain supplying 48's & not 120's confuses me, as it's only a matter of packaging in my mind. But, I don't know their business, production capabilities and limitations.

We've got a pretty good supply, but not sure we can make it to January, especially with it being the holiday/hunting season.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Smalls

Whitetail,
  I was told that the 120 packs of Hickory are the only ones discontinued.
Chez,
  I ordered from The Barbeque Store in Sugarland Texas.  The bisquettes were shipped directly from Bradley Smoker Texas in Driftwood.  When the guy called me to let me know the Hickory was discontinued, he was calling from Bradley, not the Barbeque Store.  When I told him I thought it was a bad idea, he agreed.  Maybe he meant that they are only discontinued temporarily but it didn't seem that way because he said they were still selling all the others in 120 packs.  Sorry I didn't order from you but they had a great price and money is tight right now[:)]
Bill

charlie

i spoke with bradley and the 120's will be back start of the new year.
they said it was because the were in the middle of a move and in the midst of recieving a new 120 production machine. i think hickory is one of the most popular flavors of wood and thats probably why the 120 box are hard to find now. i'm sure you could still get some of the other flavors. bad timing right before the busy season i think, but it probably wasn't a planned decision to discontinue them. [8)]

Chez Bubba

Bill,

To my knowledge, there is no "Bradley Smoker Texas", they are probably just the shipping arm of The Barbeque Store. I seriously doubt the person you spoke to was from Bradley.

No problem ordering from someone else if the money's tight. Gotta do what you gotta do and smoking comes second to paying the mortgage![:)] Just don't order anything other than 120's from them if you want to compare prices. WOW!

Happy Smokin',

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

smokin zo

I just purchased the Bradley SS smoker the other day from Cabelas in Pa. They had at leat 25 boxes of the 120 count Hickory pucks sitting on the floor. Perhaps this will be a help?

Enzo