My New Cold Smoke Setup...

Started by Mr Walleye, October 20, 2007, 08:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Sweet set up!!! Very clean job Walleye. Glad to hear your fridge stock is rotated on a regular basis.  ;) :D

Mr Walleye

Quote from: iceman on October 22, 2007, 10:04:41 AM
Sweet set up!!! Very clean job Walleye. Glad to hear your fridge stock is rotated on a regular basis.  ;) :D

Ya.... You certianly don't want that stuff goin' bad!

::)  ::)  :D

Mike

PS
Hey Ice.... I think your setup is on another level alltogether. I seen some pictures of your various smokers.... Awsome!  8)

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

Quote from: Mr Walleye on October 22, 2007, 10:17:02 AM
Quote from: iceman on October 22, 2007, 10:04:41 AM

Ya.... You certianly don't want that stuff goin' bad!

::)  ::)  :D

Mike

PS
Hey Ice.... I think your setup is on another level alltogether. I seen some pictures of you various smokers.... Awsome!  8)
Thanks Mike.

West Coast Kansan

It is hard to imagine the ICEMAN getting cozy with a smoker with flame designs. Seems Frosty the Snowman kind of wrong.

Yea, that is another level but ya got a really sweet set up Mike.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Stickbowcrafter

Mr Walleye

SKSmoker

Mr. Walleye, I really need to take a road trip and have a visit with you. I have a garage almost as large as yours and it screams indoor smoker setup like Mr.W! Being only 45 mins away, perhaps someday I can meet you and get some tips on how to set something up similar in my garage.

Your setup simply rocks. I love how everything is so clean and done right. I am also envious of all those pucks up there!! :)
Lead by example

Mr Walleye

Not a problem SKSmoker!

Just let me know when. I always enjoy BSing about smokin'.  ;)

Mike

SKSmoker

Nice. I'll take you up on that offer!
Lead by example

levonen

QuoteWell Mike, i think it's safe to say that is the best Bradley set up by far!

Agree. It looks quite professional, actually. Hat down.

Kane

Hey Mike, I see your using a pid on your DBS. what advantages does that offer? is it maintaining temps better when hot smoking?

Mr Walleye

Kane

The use of the PID on the DBS is very good. I can usually stay + or - 1 degree depending on temps. It took me a little bit to get it dialed in but once I did it works great. The other thing that is nice is there is no longer a problem with the timer maximum of 9 hours & 40 minutes. It basically runs till you shut it off. The smoke generator's can still be used, so if you want it to shut down after the smoke portion is complete you can.

Mike

Kane

hey thanks Mike, Im guessing the cost to assemble a pid would be around a $100 or so?  Im seriously thinkin I may just add the DigiII/Raptor package and be done with it. I assume this will control the tower in the same way?  I dont care for these temp changes Im gettin with the unit now when the tower heater shuts down. Im getting temp swings 20 degrees either way from where I wanna be. not too mention I had some problems getting past 175 when I first put a turkey in. will the DigiII solve these issues?

Mr Walleye

Kane

Your right the Digi II/raptor will give you the same control as a PID does. I don't know if there would be any effect on the ability to heat the cabinet though. I will say that I really do like the fact that I can maintain a more accurate temp for things like jerky & sausage etc. I don't think the DBS temp swings really hurt anything when you are doing ribs, butts, etc. but I do prefer to have the ability to control it a little tighter.

Mike

Habanero Smoker

The DigiQ II will control the cabinet temperature as accurate as a PID, plus you get a few more bells and whistles that can make your smoking experience easier. If there is a problem with the cabinet getting up to the set temperature, the DigiQ II can not improve the that area of performance of the smoker.

Poultry skin is notorious for bringing down the cabinet temperature. Are you having the same problems with other cuts of meat?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)