Chuck Roast In Progress

Started by Dex, December 12, 2008, 12:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex

I will be doing my 3rd smoke tomorrow on my new Stainless Bradley that I got last week. Picked up a 3.5 LB Chuck Roast. Smoking Duck gave some pointers with the prep.

Rubbed down with EVOO and garlic. Then I applied a mixture of brown sugar, sea salt, white pepper, garlic powder, a little cyenne pepper and a light shake of some Essence of Emerial on top (Original.) Hope it turns out good.... just tossed whatever on it.

I will be smoking it with 3 hours of Hickory, and hitting it with a quick spritz of rootbear every hour. Probably put rootbeer in the pan too for the heck of it. It will rest now in the refridge for about 20 hours before I take it out to warm up a bit before going in the smoker.

Smoking Duck

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Dex

Oh, and I forgot to mention that tomorrow will be my first run with my Maverick ET-7 that I ordered.

Mr Walleye

Looks great Dex!  ;)

Keep that dam door shut!  :D  :D  ;D

Just kiddin' Dex, video looks great!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Dex

Quote from: Mr Walleye on December 13, 2008, 11:49:33 AM
Looks great Dex!  ;)

Keep that dam door shut!  :D  :D  ;D

Just kiddin' Dex, video looks great!  8)

Mike

I know I know.... I had to open it because I was spritzing the roast every our  :D

NePaSmoKer

Looks good

If yer lookin ya aint cookin  ;D

nepas

Smokin_N_Texas

Take some pictures of the final product. I think i was so excited last week when i was cooking all my stuff, i thought about it enough to take pictures of the prep and early process, but forgot when the food came out. Oh well, i'll have to put someone else in charge of pics next time.  ;D

Dex

pics taken.... getting ready to eat, I will upload soon

Dex

Ok just finished up dinner! I must say it was pretty dang good. My wife thought it was better than my pork loin that I did.... but I am still a big fan of the pork loin! The brown sugar was a great addition to the roast. Gave it a nice sweet flavor that mixed well with the smoke!

Hit it with 3 hours of hickory and an overall time of just over 5 hours to cook. Here it is after about 2 hours of FTC waiting on dinner time to roll around

Sliced and served ready to eat!

Mr Walleye

Looks excellent Dex!  ;)

Two thumbs up!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

Dex that looks fantastic, just the right color for my liking. Keep up the good work [and the pics too!]

NePaSmoKer

Nice Dex

What did you have along with it, veggies and such.  Gots my mouth watering  ;D

nepas

Dex

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on December 13, 2008, 05:08:42 PM
Nice Dex

What did you have along with it, veggies and such.  Gots my mouth watering  ;D

nepas

Baked potato, green beans, and buttermilk biscuits!

So full...... :o

Buck36

You can really see in the bottom picture how the roast is already splitting apart.....that must have been some tender meat!  Thanks for the pics.