MULLET

Started by sherlock, October 01, 2007, 07:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherlock

Smoked three good sized mullet yesterday.

1. Dryed them first for about 30/40 minutes.
2. Sprinkled them heavily with seasoned salt and let them set another 30      minutes.
3. Placed them in 180 deg. preheated smoker with Alder smoke already started.
4. After 2 hours, I increased temp to 220 deg. for 1 more hour.

I used the top three racks and rotated top to bottom at 1 1/2 hrs and 2 1/2 hrs. The middle rack stayed where it was for the full time.

They came out perfect. Don't know if I would change anything.

I love this smoker. Never smoked a thing before and now I have done a whole chicken which I learned should be finished on a grill, a 2" steak which I smoked for a half hour and finished on my grill the next day, and now my mullet. Everything is so easy. I will admit, I could not have done it without the help I received from you experienced smokers. My thanks go out to all of you.

Nathan

Wildcat

Glad to here all the good results!  ;) I have not done fish yet, but I have an uncle that takes mullet and slices them into relatively thin strips, adds salt and pepper to taste, and smokes them (including the back bone) in a large wood smoker (home built).  They are to die for!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

MWS

I thought a mullet was one of those bad hair styles from the 80's.  ::)
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

SmokinBuddy

Sherlock I can practically smell those mullet.  I just finished the mackeral I smoked the other day.  You're right about the Bradley, it is amazing.

Just wait until you do a Boston Butt.  You won't believe it.

Or shrimp.
Or a brisket.
Or ribs!!!  Oh, rrriiibbbs!!!

Carter

If you're looking for Mullets, this is the place.

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/

Welcome to the forum.

You're going to love it.

Carter