maverick et-73

Started by matwell, November 13, 2007, 12:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ontrack

For once in my life I must be one of the lucky ones. We live in a large house and mine works from 3 floors away, through brick and several walls, no matter which side of the house I am on. The only time I have had problems, like I stated earlier, is when the batteries are getting weak, and this is usually after at least 40-50 hours of use, if not more.

Consiglieri

I'm going off topic a little, but does the DigiQ system permit wireless monitoring of temps?  That would be a nice feature on top of the other temp control capabilities.
Consiglieri

Habanero Smoker

The DigiQue II is not wireless, but the ProComm4 is.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

brderj

To answer the original question (because thats all I know right now) I never knew there was a problem with the Maverick like that....I have never been careful with it, always spritz my food with whatever...when I wash it I don't really submerge it, but hot running water and a scrub brush to clean off the mess...let it air dry.  Still works great.  Thanks for the heads up on potential problems, but I for one have not had a single run in.  Good luck...and you should really get one, they are so good.

Patience

Funny I browsed this topic tonight, yesterday I ordered a replacment probe for my maverick.  I was doing butts the other night and after a 1am spritz, the remote alarm started blazing away at 3am (set for 190) and the temp read 292!!!!  The other probe was only at 130 so I knew I had a bad one, must have been the spritz.  I ordered a few more from Maverick, they are model specific and you have to fax the order in.  It has lasted a few years and I'm usually not a spritzer, but you spritz just right and look what happens.  I tried letting it dry out and everything, but its toasted, reads 120 at room temp.  Oh well, if it wasn't for the damnded spritz I could still be sporting dual probes...I'll have to fly solo for awhile.  :'(
A well used minimum suffices for everything -- Phileas Fogg