Bacon

Started by stormdiver, December 23, 2003, 02:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormdiver

I have just done a batch of shop bought sliced bacon (British) in the smoker and these came out very well used two biscuits, purley as i was having trouble keeping the temperture down[:(!] as it was about 40C°/100F°[:(]

Which is way more than i was wanting. This was British Sliced Bacon as it is probably a differant cut from States/Canada varities, I just tied string to them and hung them from one tray put in the top Rack and had the vent closed. Once i figure out how to properly control Temp I will try the ham joints etc

Well Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all[:D]

Stormdiver

DLT

stormdiver.
Before you smoked your slices of pork,what did you use for a cure?
DLT
Red Deer,Alberta,Canada.

brit

DLT
    Give this a try for your cure of pork ,1 cup of salt to 1 cup of
 sugar and 4 pints of cold water. Cure for 4 days.

Brit Edmonton

humpa

Storm....open the top vent up some. This will allow heat and moisture to escape. Cold smoking should be done in a dry enviroment to get the best results. Moisture on the outside of meat restricts the smoking process. When I brine my meat, I always let it sit until it has a dry glaze look and then I'll smoke it. Good luck !!

Hey Doc...I'm down to 2 racks a day!!!

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Moisture on the outside of meat restricts the smoking process. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Funny this is one of the reasons I do the T-Shirt smokin method. I want the liquid to soak the shirt for the flavor curing....

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

nsxbill

Open up that vent all the way to let the heat out.  See what kind of heat you get with the slider off and just the smoke generator on.  Once it is up are running, you can add heat with the rheostat switch to crank on the bulb heater a bit.  If temp is too high, even after all of the above, throw some ice into your water pan.

Happy Holidays from the Colonies! (I did that because it almost rhymes - a poet and don't know it! [:D]

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

humpa

DoW.....sorry guy. I should have said that "I preferred" to cold smoke mine dry. Hot smoking, I use bacon with chicken, and marinate drip pan with pork chops. BTW, I do like that T shirt thing and want to try it next smoke..................Humpa

Hey Doc...I'm down to 2 racks a day!!!