Round Roll?

Started by Duster, November 18, 2007, 04:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duster

I had an idea the other day that seams so simple and easy that somebody has had to try it before. I was thinking about taking a large ham steak (I think that's what you'd call it, It would be a round from beef but it's from pork however uncured.) and deboning it, lay it flat on the counter, put a good layer of bacon on top of it, and rolling the whole thing up, maybe tying it up with some string. applying a good oink-er rub and then into the smoker. What do you all think? Has anybody tried this before? I thought it sounded good.

Gizmo

Sounds interesting.

I could think of a few other things to stuff inside as well.   Flank Steak roll stuffed with mushrooms, bacon, feta cheese, green onions is great on a grill brushed with a little butter and worcestershire sauce.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Oh man Giz...that sounds awesome...I'd marinate it in some Huli Huli sauce first...then light smoke and grill!!! Yum!!

Arcs_n_Sparks

We'll need pictures and wormhole portals established......  8)

Rod Serling

Habanero Smoker

Sounds great. Let us know how it turns out.

I've never tried that with a ham shank, but have stuffed pork loin roasts by butterflying it (either in half or thirds), spreading with a different mixtures of herbs, fruits (fresh or dried), and/or cheese, rolling them up and securing by tying it..

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

All of that sounds good to me. I did a lamb roll with garlic and basil pesto that way. I love stuffed meats in the smoker.

Wildcat

Quote from: iceman on November 27, 2007, 12:49:32 PM
All of that sounds good to me. I did a lamb roll with garlic and basil pesto that way. I love stuffed meats in the smoker.

Since I really like lamb, I think this one is going on my "to do" list.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Stickbowcrafter

Why not? Try it and don't forget the pictures  ;D

-Brian